Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

It's raining in Seattle today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's raining in Seattle today...

We have had some beautiful weather lately and I looked outside today and actually was surprised!!

It's not that cold, so our Wed. morning walk at the off leash dog park will be fine. I just load up my daughter in our backpack, complete with a rain bonnet and she (of course! ) has a raincoat, waterproof mittens, and pants...

I guess this means I am officially looking forward to summer!!!!
    Sunscreen is quicker to deal with than all of these clothes and gear!

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Flynn,

I love the Pacific Northwest. Please tell me that you all take advantage of the incredible scenery and go hiking? I'm soooo jealous. I have these overly romanticized images of intelligent people sitting around coffee shops discussing the problems of the world with a beautiful mountain and ocean backdrop to inspire them.

O.K. let me have my illusions. I realize that you are a medical spouse with a small child who probably hangs out at Kmart just like me, but I prefer my romanticized fantasy better.

Anyway, I hear ya. BRING ON SPRING!!!!

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Flynn -- I read with interest all of the rain gear you mentioned. As we get ready to move to portland, we realize we need some serious rain gear. We usually get by with what we have when visiting for a few days...but end the trip a little soggy. And coming from Colorado, we don't have a whole lot of that stuff!
      I might need one of those light therapy boxes, too.
      Hope you have more sunny days on the way--those sunny days in the NW are glorious!

Comment

Here's an image for the people who either love the Northwest or ones moving here...

As I drove to the off leash area (that is 25 acres, wooded and beautiful!) this past Tuesday I crossed the floating bridge over Lake Washington with the Olympics in my rear view mirror (West), the Cascades in the distance (East), and Mt. Ranier in all her glory to the South. It was so beautiful!!!!!!!

We romped in the woods and chased birds with abandon! We even saw a river otter or two!!!!
        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

<<sigh>>>

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Sounds beautiful. We will be in Seattle in October for the American College of Chest Physicians conference (Sue C. also).
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
              Sounds beautiful. We will be in Seattle in October for the American College of Chest Physicians conference (Sue C. also).
              Luanne
              Maybe I can drive up to Seattle and meet you two! And Crystal! And Flynn!
              It could be a Pac NW iMSN get-together. (So there, all you upper midwesters who get to see each other).

Comment

Nellie=

Sounds great to me!

Crystal
                Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                X