Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

So Quiet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Quiet...

It seems so quiet here the past couple of weeks, at least that's how I feel.

What's everyone up to? Are you off on final summer vacations before school starts again? If so, I'm jealous...
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

My mom is staying with us until the baby arrives, so I've been sort of MIA while I hang out with her.

No summer vaca for us, but I'm jealous of anyone who's on one, too.

Comment

I had visitors until yesterday, which was fun. Trying to plan our vacation for next month now.
      Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
      Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

I've just been grumpy and trying not to spread my grumpiness :/
        Jen
        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
          I've just been grumpy and trying not to spread my grumpiness :/
          Hugs!

I took the kids camping in Iowa and am getting ready to head to WI for two weeks. Really, I'm sort of trying to soak up the last rays of summer. We head back to school late (sept. 2) but I can already feel August flying on ahead without me. Slow. Down. I dread back-to-school!

Kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I go back to school Monday (kids' first day is Wednesday). I have been working in my room most days for the past two weeks, a little at a time. DH is working a lot since one of his partners is on maternity leave. We had a really nice summer...it just always goes by too fast!
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

On vacation! Stressed and trying not to murder my MIL. Family pictures tomorrow with everyone. I'm fatter than ever. Hooray.
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

So Quiet...

I'm in the "getting doc appointments out of the way before school hits" mode. Including myself.

I have an appointment this after for my breathing. Stupid fires have made the air quality horrible and I don't even have a history of asthma!

Comment

Good for you Jenn, because I'm grumpy and spreading my grumpiness everywhere
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                    Hugs!

I took the kids camping in Iowa and am getting ready to head to WI for two weeks. Really, I'm sort of trying to soak up the last rays of summer. We head back to school late (sept. 2) but I can already feel August flying on ahead without me. Slow. Down. I dread back-to-school!

Kris
                    Want company for a couple of hours on the 16th or 17th? The kids and I have nothing firm planned and I would love to see you again.
                    Kris

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
                      On vacation! Stressed and trying not to murder my MIL. Family pictures tomorrow with everyone. I'm fatter than ever. Hooray.
                      Oh god, I hope your vacation is actually enjoyable, but judging by the things you've said previously about your ILs...I hope they are being nice. Sending you courage and hope you've had pleasant moments. But if you have crazy-making stories to vent/share, send them our way. I'm super bored.
                      Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I'm a total stress case but that's not news. I'm winding down the kids' summer activities and preparing for the new school year. K1 starts pre-k on Thursday. DrK is studying for boards. I'm neglecting my physical and emotional health, eating poorly, spending too much money, always busy but the to do list just keeps getting longer and somehow I'm always just barely getting things done at the very last moment.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Nothing special here. We are short at work so it has been a kind of stressful, long week. DH just got the word yesterday that he passed Step 3!! Woohoo! No trips planned, no special events. Just...living. Work, evening, bed, repeat.

Comment

Not a lot here. Dh is knee deep in studying for his hand board exam which is next month. We're getting our garage repaired and painted. I've been tending to the veg garden and keeping O busy. He starts school in two weeks. In Sept we'll go to Boston for a few days.
                            Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

What's the point of being grumpy if you can't share it. Hahaha

Constant grump ass here!
                              Brandi
                              Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X