Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Where is your happy place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't really thought about this but I like what many of you said "with DH". When we moved, it didn't seem like much of an adjustment because I was with him. I also like sitting on the beach at Olympic National Park on the Washington Coast of the Pacific Ocean listening to the waves.
    Wife of PGY-2 Gen Surg, gluten/dairy free cook and patron to a big black cat

Comment

My childhood beach was Sand Harbor at Lake Tahoe. I'll always love it there.

And this is probably going to sound ridiculous, but the state senate floor. I've fallen in love with this job, and sure, I get cynical about it plenty of times, but when I'm on the floor watching the legislature at work, I always believe again.
      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I love my home. I feel grounded here. I am slightly anxious if I have to leave, even to our familiar retreats (eg. our apartment in the mountains, which is kind of like your cabin but less "ours".) If by some miracle I'm ever left here alone, I can sip tea and wander through rooms and gardens for hours.

But more generally, there is just something about the Pacific Ocean that calls me. Or any waters in direct contact with it. I'm looking at our cove as we type and just resting my eyeballs there soothes me. Hawaii does it too, and the San Juan Islands, and the Oregon coast and Northern California. Even Monterey and Santa Barbara, although the California-ness mutes it a little. Alaska's tidal flats too. Not to get all mystic, but they say that the Pacific Ocean never forgets, and sometimes when I listen to those waves crash it's like a cacophony of memories ...and secrets.
        Alison

Comment

The beach and my bed.
          Needs

Comment

Being out in nature, with no signs of civilization, and few people around for miles. Preferably on the summit of a mountain.
            PA and wife of a PGY2 in neurosurgery. And "cat-mom" to the two sweetest cats anyone could hope for.

Comment

My bed AFTER my kids are tucked away for the night.
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Reading a book with no one disturbing me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My new kitchen
                  -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
                    My new kitchen
                    I remember the pictures of your kitchen. That'd be my happy place too if I were in your shoes! Gorgeous!!
                    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Working...
                    X