Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Making a Wedding Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got married before the internets and in Utah (the land of the cheap). I seriously got gifts that, when returned, got us less than $5. I don't like registry info in the invitation, but a registry is good.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
      ITA.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
      ITA, as well. I was so irked by the thought of looking "gift grabby" that even when some family members asked if we preferred money or a gift, I didn't answer definitely - just politely let them know that we didn't even need gifts. I'm so uncomfortable at the thought of people thinking I expect gifts - even though it was our wedding and truthfully I DID expect gifts because I knew people would give them. I think I spent too much time on weddingbee during my planning that I think letting guests know per head amount (so presumably guests can give a gift of a similar amount, as mentioned above), advertising registry information on your formal wedding invite, and - don't hate me - honeymoon registries are in bad taste. It just seems expectant to me.

That said, this only really applies for the post-internet days because honestly with wedding websites or even googling the couple's name it's SUPER easy to find a registry. In fact I've gone to the big assumed retailers (Amazon, C&B, BB&B, Target, Macy's) and just searched for people who I knew were engaged but hadn't even sent out invites yet. It's really easy to find.

On our invites, we added an insert that simply said "for directions and accommodation information, please visit our wedding website" or something to that affect - assuming that they'd be able to find any registry info they sought.
      Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all your thoughts! I figured we should do one just in case people ask or want to use it. I started a list at REI Somehow to me it seems easier to ask for outdoors stuff because we do those activities together. We will probably do one at Macy's too - gotta expand the Fiesta collection!
        Wife of PGY-2 Gen Surg, gluten/dairy free cook and patron to a big black cat

Comment

Originally posted by LynnAlicia View Post
          We will probably do one at Macy's too - gotta expand the Fiesta collection!
          If you are looking to expand the Fiestaware, look at Zestydishes.com
          I think you can register there. You get extra pieces free if you order X amount. They always have sales and promotions. Also, if you have Dillards, you can get a free place setting if you buy 4. I have found Dillards to have Fiestaware for less than Macys.
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Try to have a registry at a traditional brick and mortar store. Your parents contemporaries and their elders may not be comfortable with Internet shopping.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
            X