Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How do you remember all of your passwords?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you remember all of your passwords?

Before I decided on a single password with a few variations, I used a password keeper app. Predictably, I forgot the password for the app after a few months and got locked out multiple times. I realized it would just be easier to keep one password with its variations for everything. I use one that's comprised of a few sets of letters, capitalizations, and a punctuation mark. When I need to change a password, I just reorder the letter sets or switch up the punctuation mark. It's made it easier for if I happen to forget my password for something I know I can try a few variations and usually one will be right.
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

DH got me using LastPass and it's been amazing. It was really helpful when he was deployed and he was able to share his passwords with me via LastPass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
        I use the Keeper app. It works really well.
        I use this as well. They have an app for every system including Blackberry and Windows phones. I pay the yearly fee ($9.99) to be able to backup my passwords on their network and access them online. I also started using phrases. "I like ____!" is usually where I start. DH has a paper of them all typed out on his desktop keyboard. He uses a "salt" which is the same word he adds to the end of all of them (that is not on the paper).
        Wife of PGY-2 Gen Surg, gluten/dairy free cook and patron to a big black cat

Comment

I have three passwords I use depending on the level of security I want for that particular site.

I also have emailed myself one or two for things that don't really matter or that I can never remember the login.

Some sites require frequent changing and you can't use any of your last passwords so I literally change it every time. Thank you electric and gas companies! I seriously use passwords like the list Heidi posted. I even overpay our gas bill by $100 just to keep myself from having to deal with it EVERY month. Maybe it's time for me to look in to a password app...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X