Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Done and done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done and done

I went to the store today to buy the kids' school supplies. It was insane. I got started and after 5 minutes said "screw it"! How have we gotten to this place of detailed lists without parents revolting?

I came home, made myself a cup of coffee, ate cake with Thomas and we knocked out the lists at Amazon. Aidan's list is coming in a package in his name and Zoe's stuff is coming in her name. It's all pre-organized.

It feels like victory.

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I pretty much did the same thing. First, I had a home scavenger hunt to gather the items we already had, then ordered the rest on amazon. Even got K1's backpack on amazon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

We got zoe's backpack there too. It feels good to have it out of the way.

Comment

We are very lucky that their new school buys all the supplies for the kids. I do not miss those Target runs where I inevitably forget something. I wish I had thought of Amazon!! Smart thinking.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

It was just absolutely crawling with people. I grabbed notebooks for Andrew, Amanda, and me...that was it.

Comment

We have the preordered boxes available here for the younger grades. In the middle school and high school, we don't have lists. YEAH! It's old school. The teachers just let the kids figure out what they need, no requirements.

Angie
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

This is the first year we've had to provide supplies. Must be 6th grade is the magical grade. Lol
              I went to Walmart and couldn't wait to get the eff outta there! I spent waaaay more than I thought I would have. Or should have.
              I forgot my yearly (not asked for) donation of tissues and hand sanitizer. So..guess I need to go back. Yay.
              ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I ordered everything on Target.com and they had it ready for me at CS one hour later and sent me a text. It's the service where they get everything off the shelf for you. Plus I got $10 off bec it was a promotion. Best thing ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                  We have the preordered boxes available here for the younger grades. In the middle school and high school, we don't have lists. YEAH! It's old school. The teachers just let the kids figure out what they need, no requirements.

Angie
                  Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
                  I ordered everything on Target.com and they had it ready for me at CS one hour later and sent me a text. It's the service where they get everything off the shelf for you. Plus I got $10 off bec it was a promotion. Best thing ever.

That's cool!

Comment

We didn't make it into the school box preorders because we closed on our house in August. I went to target today with the 3 supply lists. It was a mad house. I bought four bar stools and told the kids we'd do supplies during the week because the lines were too long. I suck. This is my first year to ever buy supplies.

I'm totally looking into the pick up service at target!
                    -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post

I didn't even know you could do that!!! So cool!!
                      Tara
                      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I tried the "pick up in store" option online for diapers and get the $10 off. I waited for 10 minutes for someone to bring them to the front. I could have gotten them myself in that time.

I'm glad you had a better experience.

Wife of a PGY-5
                        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Nightmare supply shopping. Next year we are doing Amazon. There needs to be a barter system. For example, I have lots of 1 inch binders that I would like to trade for 1 1/2 binders.
                          Needs

Comment

Working...
                          X