Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Obnoxious Starbucks Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obnoxious Starbucks Orders

Do you have one?

I have one, and I sort of hate myself for it. In the drive thru, I practice is so it's as innocuous as possible. I can't help it, the way they normally make their drinks is too sweet and I also want non fat and more caffeine than they'd normally do. DH won't order for me so if he's picking up coffee on the way home, I am only allowed a grande iced coffee with "a little bit of sweetener and a splash of nonfat milk." That's the most he'll do for me when he's the one getting coffee. If we're together in the drive thru I have to shout my order across his lap hah!

I don't want to share my current order yet because it sounds so annoying and I want to know I'm not alone!

Anyone else?
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

When I was pregnant I'd order a tall, decaf (occasionally half caf), nonfat, 1.5 pump PSL. Hubby hated ordering for me!
    Last edited by alotofyarn; 08-28-2014, 06:17 AM.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I'm currently on a grande triple iced nonfat caramel latte, with two pumps of caramel kick. It sounds soooo awful when I list all of that stuff to the baristas, I have to tell myself they've heard way worse. Hopefully.
      Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Venti nonfat triple caramel macciato

Or

Trenta iced green tea with only 3 pumps of sweetener (they usually do 7 pumps)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Double tall soy latte in my own travel mug - only fill 3/4s
          Wife of PGY-2 Gen Surg, gluten/dairy free cook and patron to a big black cat

Comment

I'm a boring coffee orderer: Large coffee 2 creams 3 splendas but I'm dying to hear your order now!
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Grande triple iced nonfat 2-pump caramel latte. My least obnoxious order is still a venti iced coffee with two pumps of sweetener with room. I'm sort of coffee high maintenance.

sigpic

Comment

I think we may tie.
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I actually don't feel that bad until I have to determine the number of pumps of flavoring they do. It's not my fault their default amount of flavoring is enough to coat your teeth in sugary film for the rest of the day! I just want a teeeeny bit of flavor!

sigpic

Comment

For $5 I don't feel bad being obnoxious. "Salted caramel mocha; as skinny as you can make it" (they dont have sugar free toffee nut).

Wife of a PGY-5
                    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I miss Starbucks. It got so expensive with four kids. Now I tell them it's closed when we drive by.
                      -Ladybug

Comment

I usually order an iced tall decaf vanilla latte with nonfat milk. I'm not ashamed!

Comment

Lol, I'm not creative enough to have a crazy order. Trenta black tea iced no sweetener
                          Tara
                          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

None of those sound too crazy! I typically do a grande nonfat, no water dirty chai. I'd love a pump of flavor in there too but it gets way pricey. That's one reason I enjoyed working at sbux, free drinks during shifts and 30% of otherwise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

I order a venti caramel macchiato or white chocolate mocha, sometimes with no whip, but pretty much as they come.
                              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Working...
                              X