Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Design Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Advice

Need some design advice! Currently setting up baby sz's nursery. We have enough room to include a twin bed. My thoughts are to set it up like a day bed and for late night feedings, it's there if I need it. Or if DH needs to sleep it's a much better alternative to the couch (doors and such on the bedroom). Here's my challenge. I can get a descent mattress for $100 (two gift cards woot!) but do I get the metal frame $40 and set up more like this ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409539166.710968.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1409539183.776108.jpg

Or do I spend the extra $60 and get this ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409539213.825880.jpg - with the layout of the room ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409539349.942515.jpg

I'll really only be able to regularly use one drawer, I think.

So tell me, oh wise ones, what would you do?
    sigpic
    buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Could you put the bookcase in between the door and the closet, the bed across from the crib, and the dresser on the wall where the bed is now?
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
      Could you put the bookcase in between the door and the closet, the bed across from the crib, and the dresser on the wall where the bed is now?
      I don't really want to put the book case there because of the doorway - had it there when it was a guest room and it really closes it off. Would you go for the daybed or just the frame with a nice skirt?
      sigpic
      buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

Got it. I like the daybed idea in general, but I'd set it up like the first option with the metal frame, and then you can put bins or whatever you want underneath.

Some friends set one up like this, but it's obviously not obstructed by the crib: https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...e6a7dce421316b
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Yeah that's the ikea hemnes - I really like that one but Didn't want the sides because DH is an overhang sleeper. Lol.
          sigpic

Comment

We have the ikea hemnes in our office/playroom, and the extra storage is really handy.

Comment

I like the second option. My only concern is the exposed corners on the frame. You'd have to get the corner protectors to avoid mobile baby from hurting itself. I'm alway hitting low corners too.
              -Ladybug

Comment

I don't think you need the frame with the drawers. Where is the window in this room? I'm not sure about this lay out.
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Window is on the opposite wall of the closet, not quite centered and a bit smaller than a standard window in terms of height. Length is the same
                  sigpic

Comment

I would just do the metal frame. If you really need storage, there are always under the bed boxes. I would also consider moving the contents of the book shelf to wall shelves. The layout seems a bit tight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X