Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Birthday Wish List?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday Wish List?

I have a big birthday coming up. DrK is desperately trying to figure out what to do about it. He'll be on call and he has no idea what to do but he knows with absolute certainty that I will kill him if he neglects to do anything or just brings me half dead afterthought flowers and a snoopy greeting card from the gas station on his way home. He's terrible at gifts. The main thing I wanted was for him to do something thoughtful so the fact that he's been thinking about it is huge. But he really needs some direction too and now that he's asking what I want (and my mom is asking too), I don't know what I want. Help me out. What should be on my wish list?

He wants to do something along the lines of a weekend getaway. While fabulous, I simply cannot leave Lambie for a weekend. I probably cannot even leave her for a full day. Maybe a half-day.

Should I ask for a half-day at a spa? A kindle paperwhite (DrK has appropriated my Kindle Fire)? A new computer/iPad (our computer needs to be replaced --- If I get one, he'll probably take that over too.) Get a bunch of modest stuff like books and make up and whatnot that I defer? I hate for him to get jewelry because he has no idea how/what to buy and I grew up in the business. Last time he got me jewelry, it was both ugly and overpriced and I was devestated.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

I will say: half-day at the spa sounds lovely, as does a kindle paperwhite and an amazon gift card to spend on books for it, a nice dinner out, and a big gift card to sephora or Ulta or someplace else where you can get yourself makeup.

I should ask for that exact list (except for the paperwhite since I already have one) for my birthday, in fact.
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I like to make Pinterest boards of items I like...can't mess up with direct links. Anything on etsy caught your eye?
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Half day at the spa AND the Kindle?
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
          Half day at the spa AND the Kindle?
          Yes!! Take your new Kindle and read while you're getting a pedi at your spa day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think he needs to register here. We need a special section for our spouses to ask questions. He can have access to the open forums This way DrK can ask away for I know we would loooooove to help and MrsK can get a surprise.
            Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I vote for the above suggestions! For jewelry I send DH links for items that I like, but he can still make the final choice. I've also bought stuff for myself and put it in my stocking, but he doesn't like that.

Comment

LOL. He really does try to think of nice things but misses the mark. Usually, it's thoughtful/practical but very unromantic or it's just an afterthought. So, I know he's just going to go straight to my Amazon.com wish list and then pick the most obscure item that I forgot I ever wanted. (Frantically editing my Amazon.com wish list now.) Last Mother's Day, the day before the holiday he asked me if there was anything I wanted "for the kitchen." A few anniversaries ago, he offered to get vinyl floor mats for my car. The one time he got me jewelry (other than my engagement ring... which is awesome because my mom designed it with him), he got charms that were supposed to look like the boys' silhouettes but actually looked like the state of Iowa; they were badly engraved and one was not legible. I always have to pretend to be delighted when I open a cuckoo clock or a humongous print of sunflowers ("our" flower is the daffodil) or something weird like that. Then I feel like an ungrateful brat because I'm trying to figure out what to do with that humongous whatever without making him feel badly because I know he has the best intentions. He buys weird things for his parents too. His mom is always calling me when she receives some random parcel from him and asking .... is it a giraffe? a camel? Why did he send it? What do I DO with this?
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
                X