Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Wife Speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife Speak

I think this might could be a hilarious thread. I just realized I sent DH a "do as I mean and not as I say" text. He's across the street drinking a beer and I finally got off the couch to accomplish some tasks. I just sent him a text saying "seriously, take your time. No rush."

Wife speak for: I don't actually want to hang out / watch a movie with you right now and would prefer if you weren't in my way.

But under a different circumstance could clearly mean: There is no purer sarcasm than this. Whether or not you come straight home, you are going to experience the wrath.

I tend to be a person who says exactly what I mean and am not often good with conversational subtlety, but I guess I AM guilty of it sometimes. So tell me, what are some of the things you say like this?

I tend to be sarcastic. If I had said it, I definitely would have meant "get your butt home now" LOL.

One thing that I have a tendency to say is "whatever". I can do it with an awesome eye roll too. Thomas hates it when I pull out the word, so it holds great power in this house!

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
      I tend to be sarcastic. If I had said it, I definitely would have meant "get your butt home now" LOL.

One thing that I have a tendency to say is "whatever". I can do it with an awesome eye roll too. Thomas hates it when I pull out the word, so it holds great power in this house!

Kris
      Is it a "that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard" whatever? LOL!

Comment

More like "you think you know it all and I'm so over you"

Comment

Haha, my version of "whatever" is "yes dear." DH knows it's meant to be patronizing. I say it to the cat when he's going crazy and howling at the top of his lungs.
          Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

"sure, go ahead" tends to be said in the tone of a dare. I try to be a straight shooter/say what I mean, mean what I say, but I can't help it. Sometimes sarcasm leaks in.

I didn't realize how often I apparently say "Really?!" until I heard my 8 year old say it to the cat, lol.

Comment

"You're becoming your father"
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                Ouch. LOL

Comment

When dh suggests I do something I don't want to and he doesn't either - no, but hey, you can! -
                  Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                    Works every time
                    Wife of PGY-2 Gen Surg, gluten/dairy free cook and patron to a big black cat

Comment

Sometimes, my "Sure. Whatever you want..." really means "Let's do things your way because you FEEL like it's the right way to do it. Even if I told you that the best action we should take is based on research I already did to weigh both the pros and cons of all other possible actions. When it goes wrong, it'll be a chance for me to tell you, 'Well, I told you so...'" Apparently, evidence-based decisions are only limited to medicine....

Comment

Originally posted by argie View Post
                        Sometimes, my "Sure. Whatever you want..." really means "Let's do things your way because you FEEL like it's the right way to do it. Even if I told you that the best action we should take is based on research I already did to weigh both the pros and cons of all other possible actions. When it goes wrong, it'll be a chance for me to tell you, 'Well, I told you so...'" Apparently, evidence-based decisions are only limited to medicine....
                        ugh this is the worst. Not that I make evidence based decisions but many times it comes down to a battle of wills, and I often get so exasperated I just let him have his way. So my "Sure, whatever you want" means "you are an exhausting fucking bulldog I don't even care anymore!"

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
                          my "Sure, whatever you want" means "you are an exhausting fucking bulldog I don't even care anymore!"
                          For a second, I thought I was reading this post in the English bulldog forum when I saw a post notification on my iPad, lol. I find that that my surgery-minded doctor can be just as stubborn as a bulldog...but darn it, they are just so cute, you just have to forgive them.

Comment

Working...
                          X