Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Why won't he pick up his damn socks!??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why won't he pick up his damn socks!??!!

It drives me crazy that the 11 year old is apparently incapable of putting dirty clothes into the laundry chute. I find dirty (stinky, sweaty, cross country running, crunchy) socks all over the house and I want to... I dunno, cry, yell, shake him, drink. I'm tired of being a maid service.
    Kris

Put them under his pillow?
    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Same. Here. My kids leave their dirty clothes on the bathroom floor. Sometimes I go on strike and refuse to pick stuff up. They will just step over each others clothes. Ugh. Tired of being a maid service here too!
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Lmao!!! Is it bad I totally thought this thread was going to be about a grown man when I saw the title?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ha - probably too passive aggressive for this kiddo, but it is getting close...
          Kris

Comment

Originally posted by mssassybaskets View Post
            put them under his pillow?
            lol
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by lovelight View Post
              Lmao!!! Is it bad I totally thought this thread was going to be about a grown man when I saw the title?

If only there was a grown man in my life to complain about... Well, other than the ex.

And apparently this craptastic habit starts young.
              Kris

Comment

Originally posted by lovelight View Post

this!!
                For what it's worth this is my DH... he leaves his damned socks EVERYWHERE. No matter where he is, if he takes his socks off that's where they go... next to the couch, under the desk, wherever he may be! jackass
                sigpic
                buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSz View Post
                  this!!
                  For what it's worth this is my DH... he leaves his damned socks EVERYWHERE. No matter where he is, if he takes his socks off that's where they go... next to the couch, under the desk, wherever he may be! jackass
                  Don't forget the underwear as well! I did an experiment once to see how long it would take him to finally pick up his shit if I stopped doing it. For the record, just keeping picking up the socks...otherwise you'll just end up with a really huge pile of socks.

Comment

I actually left a pair of post workout socks in the middle of our kitchen/living room (it's open) for two days earlier this week. I have no idea why. I had to change fast one day, but then I just kept walking past them for two whole days. Ha! So I'm not really one to talk.... I'm actually a very neat and borderline germaphobic person otherwise, so maybe there is hope for him....

Comment

I've got my family trained. If their laundry doesn't make it to the laundry room, it's not getting washed. If they don't put away their folded laundry, it will sit in the basket in my room until their drawers are empty.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

It does start young. DH is awful about this. And putting them on his pillow doesn't help.

The toddler does it too. EVEN THE BABY HAS DONE IT
                        Last edited by SoonerTexan; 09-17-2014, 12:58 PM.
                        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

He puts stuff away, and helps put DD's away as well. Her stuff is mostly in baskets in her dresser (no actual drawers), so if they aren't put in on end, then it is hard to find things. It drives me crazy when they just toss stuff in the baskets. She can do stuff like undies and socks, but not shirts and pants.
                          Kris

Comment

Hubby told me yesterday that he hates having a cleaning lady because he can't stand when she puts his stuff away in the wrong place. Umm, THEN PUT IT AWAY YOURSELF!! I'm not cleaning the house by myself on top of working full time and doing most of the parenting, so he's going to just have to suck it up and deal with it if he doesn't like the way the cleaning lady cleans, because I already know he isn't going to do it.
                            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Lol, I find socks everywhere. Doesn't bother me. The kids know if they want clean socks they have to make it to the laundry room and they will not be washed if they are balled up. If they want to wear dirty socks it's on them
                              Tara
                              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Working...
                              X