Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Kid free time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid free time!

Woo hoo! I have 5 kid free hours today! We have three rooms and a storage room in our basement that have been filled with a jumble of junk since we moved into our house 2 years ago. My DH and I spent the month of August sorting through stuff and giving and selling everything that we don't need. I'm down to the final steps before we can start painting! We are going to have a craft room (in the guest room closet), a guest room, a media room, and a playroom. So today, my kid free hours are going to be spent

- sorting through our collection of coats and getting out the ones we need for this winter and pulling out the ones that our youngest has outgrown
    - getting the last bit of clothes to sell / give away ready to take to the consignment shop
    - playing in my craft room and seeing what kind of storage things I need for all of my supplies.

What do you do with your kid free time?
    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

A craft room has always been a dream of mine!!!

As to your actual question, I haven't had a kid long enough to have kid free time. I mainly shower or eat a sandwich during my "kid free time". Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Honestly? I try to reserve my kid-free time for things that I enjoy that I cannot do when my kids are around. Mostly reading, just sitting and playing on the internet, going clothes shopping for myself ... things like that.
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I play video games. I also work on my photo books - I like to make semi-annual photo album of pictures I've taken through the year. Unfortunately, my kid-free time is usually filled with chores I'd be doing anyway or errands I'd rather run without them.
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

"Kid free" here usually means that I have fewer kids with me. Really, even if just one of them is not along it's so much easier. And if I've got only one, it's like a vacation. I usually have at least the baby along and since she doesn't get a vote, we do what I want to do (until she needs to nurse, that is). I only get about an hour here and there so "me time" is a pedicure or coffee/book time or thrift shopping. Otherwise, it's chore/errand time. I also try to go to Moms' Nights Out with my moms' group from time to time. The last one was about a week ago when one of the mom's launched a book she wrote though that one felt more like an obligation than a night out.
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I usually take a bath if I want to nurture myself. That's my best kid-free activity. Most of my kid-free time though is spent cleaning up. Boo.
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Mostly house projects too. Shopping without a kid in two is really nice. Hot shower is also a luxury...N often showers with me and gets underfoot
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Kid free time!

E is finally staying in MDO twice a week from 9-2! My free time includes cleaning like a crazy woman, I still haven't bitten the bullet for a cleaning lady, and shopping for an impossible to find sofa for our living room and buying "stuff" at Home Goods. Yeah, I need to work on that one. Oh and a deluxe pedicure every other week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My free time includes playing 9 holes of golf, volunteering at school and trying to get parts of this house organized, of course that's not easy when half of the main floor is under construction. I have 3 full school days this year to myself, I have NO idea what I'm going to do next year when I have 5!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I get 2.5 hours for KDO. Not much can be accomplished. Today I coordinated a tow truck to get DH's tires fixed after driving through the construction zone (street), took DH to work and went to the gym.
                    Needs

Comment

I get two full school days and every other Friday. This is my second week and so far I haven't gotten to my long-term projects list, or to my hobbies. I've been too busy catching up on cleaning and deep-cleaning the stuff that needs it. Aaahhh, a tidy pantry and kitchen cabinet doors with the dust scrubbed out of the crevices. The timing seems to work out for me to do a major grocery shop once a week sans kids, which is pretty awesome. And I've gotten in the garden a bit more, although man is it overwhelming to tackle when it's been neglected most of the summer.
                      Alison

Comment

Working...
                      X