Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I'm so nervous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay, that's wonderful news!

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
      The check engine light went back on on the way back to the dmv during the test.
      She tried the parallel parking 3 times and couldn't get in. The tester told her not to worry about it. "Parallel parking is hard"
      Ah! That's awesome!

I can't tell you how different that sounds from the jerk that administered my test back in the day!

I was thinking about all the new gadgets that help with parallel parking - like how my sister has a car that parallel parks itself - and kind of thinking that maybe it's silly to make that a requirement for driving. Glad her instructor sort of thought it was a waste of time too!

Comment

Yay!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yes!
          Needs

Comment

Congrats to you and Amanda!

Comment

I'm am so thrilled to read this!!!
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Yay!
                Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Woohoo! Congrats Amanda!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

yay! I still remember that day so vividly. I remember what I was wearing down to the necklace. My drivers test fell on the same day as my 16th birthday. I still have the original driver's license somewhere. I had to parallel park my mom's maroon astro minivan. LOL!

Ironically, I let my license expire out-of-state so I had to retake the actual driving test to get my license in Seattle. My dad drove me to the DMV on my 30th birthday day. I still have the birthday cards about getting my license…again…at 30!
                    -Ladybug

Comment

She drove herself to work this afternoon! She was so nervous and excited!
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                        The check engine light went back on on the way back to the dmv during the test.
                        She tried the parallel parking 3 times and couldn't get in. The tester told her not to worry about it. "Parallel parking is hard"
                        That's awesome!

I had to parallel park in a standard transmission jeep and they won't cut you any breaks! There were 38 people who took the test that day...all of them 16 except for me (I was 18). I was the only one who passed.

The tester was right: parallel parking is HARD! To this day, I will drive around the block or park blocks away to avoid parallel parking.

Comment

Yay Amanda!! I'm so happy for her (and you)!

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                          The tester was right: parallel parking is HARD! To this day, I will drive around the block or park blocks away to avoid parallel parking.
                          Me too!!
                          Laurie
                          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

After living in the Bay Area, I have no issue with pp. I'm not sure you could park anywhere if you couldn't pp. It wasn't on my driver's test IIRC.
                            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                              After living in the Bay Area, I have no issue with pp. I'm not sure you could park anywhere if you couldn't pp. It wasn't on my driver's test IIRC.
                              So true! I remember calling my dh one day after we moved there asking, "where are all the parking lots?!?!?"
                              Tara
                              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

WTG Amanda!!!
                                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Working...
                                X