Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

September 26th News

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 26th News

"Just For Today" megathread. Post little announcements, petty rants, small victories, and superficial confessions here for one day only. But please please please consider opening new threads too. We nosy chickens want to read all the details and talk everything over ad nauseum too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Just when I chalk him up to being a lost cause for the next four weeks (four weeks from today is the IM shelf - then 4 blissful weeks of research! Yay!), DH texts and says "date tonight? I really just need a date with you." I'm so happy. It's weird how just knowing that he "needs"/wants a date/time with me makes me feel like I need less from him or want to pressure him less for some of his time- if that makes sense.
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

It totally makes sense, WPW. You just got reassured that you are still important to him. It is easier to be zen when you are confident.

So, last night I went to yoga, but a different class than I normally attend. The instructor is male and very good. I've seen him teach before. My normal class so really full and there is a core group of us who are pretty chummy because we have all been taking the same class for a year now.

Any way, at one point during class, the make instructor makes a comment along the lines of "at some point we will have guys in this class." And I just kept thinking that there is no f'ing way a guy would want to take his class because they would end up feeling insecure. This guy is cute, with an amazing smile, is uber flexible because of the yoga, and has a banging bod. Yeah - gonna be hard to be male in his class.

But he is a great instructor. I actually like switching teachers occasionally to get a slightly different take on how to do certain poses - I feel like I really got a lot out of it with him. We were doing a seated stretch and he walked up behind me and adjusted the pose slightly, but the different was amazing...

And - then today, my 85 year old neighbor Jack stopped over to say hi and to try to cop a feel... He is so freaking adorable. He keeps offering to marry me if I were 40 years older.
      Kris

Comment

"Oo , teacher, could you help me into that pose again...."

Comment

Ha, pretty much.
          Kris

Comment

Random Friday question: is it wrong to take secret pictures of service dogs when I encounter them in public? I seriously cannot help myself. I know I can't talk to/pet them, but I was behind a gorgeous black lab seeing eye dog when I was getting lunch and stealthily took about ten pictures of him. I felt kind of awful afterward but he was just sooo cute. Is that rude?
            Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

My in-laws are coming for the weekend. For two days I have been trying to get DH to clean up the house and get The house ready for visitors. Instead of doing that he is driving around looking at golf carts and swingsets her house. It's a total waste of energy and a waste of time because my in-laws will have nowhere to sleep because our guest bedroom is cluttered with crap. I normally wouldn't care so much but half the week and I will be at a horse show with two of my daughters. I'm not looking forward to this because the timing sucks. every day something else goes wrong with our house because contractors didn't take their time and do the job right. I want to go bury my head under a rock and sleep for about two weeks.
              Needs

Comment

Shonda Rimes, I want to quit you. I have tried to quit you. I hate the way you write dialogue. I hate most of the implausible scenarios you present to us. But dammit, you and your shows know how to suck me in.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X