Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

September 27th News

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 27th News

"Just For Today" megathread. Post little announcements, petty rants, small victories, and superficial confessions here for one day only. But please please please consider opening new threads too. We nosy chickens want to read all the details and talk everything over ad nauseum too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

I got a new car. Love it! Best birthday present ever!
    Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
    Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

What?? Pictures, please,

Angie
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsC View Post
        I got a new car. Love it! Best birthday present ever!
        Was it the Lexus?
        Alison

Comment

Nope. That one was too small. Will post pics.

Comment

This was waiting for me this AM. Fifth anniversary present (Friday). My D40 with 100k actuations on it died last weekend (as in, it won't turn on and is totally broken) and I was heartbroken. I love taking pictures and I knew I would have to wait until Christmastime to get a new one.

He scrapped together birthday money and money he won last year at a Uro competition to buy it under my radar and not hit our budget - it's a refurbished body so got a good deal too! This means more to me than any thing he could have gotten me that costs 10x more. I cried.
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

How fantastic! That is a wonderful gift. Good work Dr. T&S. Enjoy!
              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

So sweet! Get snapping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh that is so sweet!
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

That's so awesome, T&S! How sweet!
                    Laurie
                    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

That's a wonderful gift. Enjoy it!

Comment

Aww, that sucks, LSW! Any chance it's put away in a closet or hidden in the attic?
                        Laurie
                        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Oooh what a good presents day!! Happy bday/anniversary MrsC/T&S!

I got antsy last night and rearranged my living room furniture. It's amazing how much more open the house feels now. I'm almost irritated we've been here over 2 years with it arranged the old way. So much wasted time feeling unnecessarily claustrophobic!

Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Aww way to go Drs C and T&S!! Happy bday and anniversary to you two!

Had a great date night with DH last night, great morning, awesome breakfast out, then we spent a few hours lounging and reading together. Then I got a mani/pedi, picked up some dinner and watched the state game with him while he caught up on some emails. Got the weeks ironing done and now I'm just hanging out since he's gone to bed. Massage tomorrow then shopping for some new jobs clothes and making dinner for when he gets off tomorrow afternoon. As far as one day weekends go, this was a pretty great and refreshing 36 hours. Monday he starts four weeks at the va and allegedly those days aren't as brutal but we'll see. We will make it and he's kicking ass, though exhausted. Things are pretty okay right now!

Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X