Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What meal is a specialty for your spouse/SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What meal is a specialty for your spouse/SO?

My DH doesn't cook much but he always cooks eggs for our family (The smell of cooked eggs makes me nauseous). His coking specialty and go-to meal is egg sandwiches or scrambled eggs.

What does your SO like to cook?
    Needs

Things he cooks way better than me include Chinese pork ribs, grilled salmon, grilled pork chops, grilled steak, chicken thighs pan-fried and then baked in pasta sauce. But he'll cook almost anything, night before last he roasted a perfect chicken, and he likes making crab cakes or halibut fish tacos or bratwurst or pan-fried steak...mmm, we haven't had pepper steak in a while. He's pretty proud of his cider-glazed Delicata squash, usually does that as his Thanksgiving dinner contribution, and he makes a mean apple crisp (his crisp topping is different than mine, much more improvised, but always yummy.)

My daddy only ever cooked tuna-noodle casserole.
    Alison

Comment

He's in charge of pancakes in our house on the weekends when he's home (I have extras in the freezer when he's not home, for E - working on starting a Saturday pancake tradition, because my dad always did that for us). He also cooks omelets. And he's in charge of the grill if we do that.

He used to cook a lot more, but it was pretty much the same thing - chicken or shrimp seasoned with Emeril's Essence.
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Oh, and green bean casserole! That became a new addition to our family events when he started attending.
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

My dh is good at grilling. Anything on the grill...
          Also, he's the breakfast man. He will go all out on the weekends. Bacon, eggs, pancakes, french toast...whatever you want.
          Phoebe, I'm with you on the egg smell. Ugh.
          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

He's the grill master, especially burgers, steaks, asparagus, sweet corn, and kebabs, plus breakfast foods. He doesn't eat runny eggs but knows how to make them for me. He actively participates in cooking everything else, especially roasted chickens, curries, and his favorite soups in the fall/winter.
            Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Salmon (grew up on a NA reservation on the WA coast -- man KNOWS his salmon), asparagus with kiwi and lime, elk and deer steaks, and pretty much everything for Thanksgiving.

Comment

DH is a great cook. He and I are both foodies and love trying new recipes. So, whoever masters something gets the job of making it again. DH's moussaka and puerco (cochinita) pibil are his job only. However, he makes a mean grilled cheese and tomato soup combo. That is my comfort - my day was the worst and I am having a pitty party meal. . Even though I am the one who makes the homemade tomato soup to freeze, he makes it better by always adding cream. Oh - he also makes me great coffee. I usually have it strong, black with a little milk. When DH makes it for me, he puts honey and half & half.
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

DW terrible in the kitchen. She just doesn't get the practice. Kids make a big joke of it which doesn't help her confidence. My specialities are roasts but now kids into spice I'm doing more curries and Thai.
                  Using Tapatalk

Comment

He's really good at ordering take out. Does that count?
                    I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Seared Ahi tuna and the grill. If only tuna wasn't so high in Mercury...
                      Jen
                      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I married DH because the man could cook. He enjoys making desserts the most, especially Tiramasu and Creme Brûlée. He rarely gets to make dinners anymore, but still contributes by making steel cut oats for the family in the pressure cooker before he leaves some mornings.
                        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Mine can't cook at all. His go to meal? Cereal. The idea of cooking anything, even a sandwich sends him into a panic.
                          Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

DH is a better cook than I am. He cooks dinner most nights, but I'll help him with chopping/prep. His specialty is smoked meats - ribs, brisket, sausage. He's also great at grilling and makes a better steak than we can get at any restaurant around here. His grilled corn is also fantastic.
                            Laurie
                            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Since finishing training DH cooks more than me. I do the kid lunch and dinners. He does all the breakfasts and adult meals. He loves to grill. He's even grilled pizzas which was yummy.
                              -Ladybug

Comment

Working...
                              X