Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What kind of camera do you own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of camera do you own?

What kind of camera do you have? A phone? A point-and-shoot? A DSLR? What brand are you loyal to?
    Needs

We have an assortment of cameras!

For phones, I have a Galaxy S5.
    For point & shoot, we actually have 2 Canon Digital ELPHs, since I kept the old one after upgrading many years ago.
    For DSLR, we're also loyal to Canon, and we have 2 of these as well - an old 350D/XT, and a new 70D. With an assortment of lenses.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Canon 7D and a couple of lenses
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Cannon here, too. I have a Rebel XS with 4 lenses for my DSLR and a PowerShot SX260HS for my point & shoot. I also use my iPhone (5s) for a lot of everyday pictures.
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

We use Olympus water proof cameras. More because they're rugged and we keep dropping them!
          Using Tapatalk

Comment

Canon T2i and a handful of lenses. I want to get a waterproof P&S. I use my phone some, but want to start using my DSLR more often.
            Jen
            Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

A Nikon D3200 (as of 2 days ago, previously a D40x) and three lens: a 50 mm/f1.8, the kit (18-55), and a 55-200. I want to get a 85 mm prime soon. And probably a better mid range lens (not the kit). I take a lot of DSLR photos.

And then a zillion on my iPhone 5c.
              Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
              Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I use my iPhone and a DSLR. The canon rebel is a great entry level DSLR. I have a Canon D60 I bought gently used. I lust the canon mark iii. I lust a lot of lens too!

With the smart phones I bet point and shoots are on their way out. The downside of the smart phones is they aren't as fast and able to freeze motion like a good point and shoot. I just don't want to carry a point and shoot if I have my smart phone, ya know. I wagger the smart phones will get quicker, better with motion, and a larger light range for darker settings.

There is an iphoneography class on clickinmoms now. The class picture shares have been rocking. They said there was a lot of things they didn't know their phone could do. I might just search around online and save my $300 for a macro lens...
                Last edited by Ladybug; 10-01-2014, 06:29 AM.
                -Ladybug

Comment

Yeah, I would really like to figure out all my phone can do. Frankly, it's overkill to have a phone AND a point and shoot bc if I really cared about the pics, I'd get out my big camera. I hate the shutter delay of my phone and point and shoots but I bet that gets better over time.
                  Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

My P&S has quite a bit of optical zoom, so it takes much better pictures than my iPhone, but it still fits in my pocket. I mainly use it for events where I want to capture memories but not necessarily frame-worthy pictures. Things like birthday parties (not my own kids), grandparent visits, and festivals. One of my biggest motivations for choosing the P&S over the DSLR is that mine takes a couple seconds of video with each picture, so I end up with a cool little video at the end of the day.

The delay still frustrates me, though!
                    Laurie
                    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Does anybody have a GoPro? Our friends that we vacationed with last week had one and it took some AWESOME photos.

As much as I love my Canon SX280 I need something new. My original one was replaced under warranty and the one they sent me is now failing too - we've updated the firmware, got new batteries, etc. It takes great pictures but its failing.

If you use your iphone primarily what kind of case do you have for it? I have a Lifeproof which is great/indestructible, etc. BUT it obstructs the camera and all pictures are grainy or fuzzy...
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We have a GoPro but primarily use it for video, not pictures. It's buggy and doesn't work half the time.
                        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I use my iPhone for daily stuff, but never really for anything I'd print. Once it gets nicer, I'm pulling my DSLR out more regularly. I'd like to get a little pocket waterproof thing (I have heard good things about some Fuji one).
                          Jen
                          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I have a Nikon D3200 that's my pride and joy.

I had a life lock case and replaced it for the sole reason that it took totally crap photos and I couldn't stand it.

I'm still in the market for a point and shoot. I can't stand the shutter delay on them bc I'm used to my DSLR. If it won't take nice pics, I just don't ever use it. But then there are lots of times that taking my big camera isn't practical.

Comment

I have a Nikon cool pix p500. It's basically a point and shoot. It's nothing extraordinary, but it works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                              X