Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What is your uniform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your uniform?

As a stay-at-home mom, I wear workout clothes 90% of the time. My favorite stores to shop in is Hot Mama (now Ever Eve) and Athleta. My prime motivator is comfort. I don't even own any dress pants at this time. I prefer jeans or skirts over pants because they are more comfortable.
    Needs

I'm business casual during the week - trousers with a blouse or a dress. I wear jeans on Fridays. I used to always shop at Ann Taylor Loft and Banana Republic Outlet, but I'm enjoying Stitch Fix so much with new brands that I've stopped shopping anywhere else so I can afford to keep doing that.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Jeans or shorts with a v-neck Tshirt and flip flops. That's if I'm not in my riding clothes. Which I am about 75% of the time.
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Since E was born is running shorts, a nursing tank and a tshirt. If I feel like looking "nice" its khaki shorts and a blouse. I have become a true CA girl. If it was colder it would be jeans...
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Business casual during the week. Running capris and a shirt on the weekends
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Jeans, shirt/tank/nursing tank with a light jacket, statement necklace, converse/loafers/wedges, lipstick. I'm really into accessories and makeup, makes me feel put together.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Skinny jeans, a tank, t-shirt or sweater, ballet flats or leather boots of the riding or moto variety, chunky necklace and sometimes wool blazer or military style jacket if it's cold.
              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Pantsuits and heels. It is my comfort work outfit. Usually from Ann Taylor or Banana. I have a few dress suits but find the pant suits more versatile...can dress up or down. The dresses always feel more formal. Maybe because i only wear them when I have special meetings. Always have a scarf....because it is always freaking freezing at work.

Weekend wear is usually tunics with jeans, shorts or leggings. Athleta is my go to for outdoor activities. I have a few lulu lemon but prefer the clothes from athleta. I do not like to look like I am going to work out if I am running errands prior to going to the gym. Therefore, I prefer the skirted tights, skorts & loose fitted yoga pants.

Strangely, I love to buy dresses. I have all kinds of cute dresses that I only wear to church. It is kind of stupid because I do not get much wear out of them but I just would not feel comfortable wearing them to work.
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Depends on the time of year, for me. Summer is a lot of maxi dresses/skirts, lightweight blouses, sandals, and the occasional shorts/t-shirt combo for outdoorsy crap.

Fall has me switching into more jeans, layering tops, sweaters, ballet flats, sometimes boots (if it's cold enough), hoodies w/vests for football games, and lots of Seahawks gear. I look fabulous is College Navy Blue and Neon Green, dammit.

Winter is pretty similar to fall, but with more wool coats, hats, warmer scarves, Thinsulate-filled gloves, and snow boots for stability on the snow and ice.

Spring is a weird hybrid of fall and summer wardrobes, depending on the temps that day.

Comment

An Athleta store just opened here! I'm dying to go. We just had a lord and Taylor open this month too.
                    -Ladybug

Comment

Black yoga pants (capri or full length), a v-neck tee, a hoodie, and Nike sneakers. That's what I wore for the majority of my pregnancy, and it's what I wear most days now.
                      I have so many hoodies, it's crazy. I probably have too many, but I wear them every day so I don't feel bad.

Comment

My work uniform this time of year is slacks, a solid color t-shirt (ideally with some subtle embellishment), and a drapey sweater as needed. Flats and simple necklaces. Weekend is the same thing with jeans instead of slacks, and flip-flops. I love skirts and dresses and where them a lot in the summer, but I have a harder time with them in fall and winter. When meeting with "important" people I do suits.

I wear a lot of Loft and Gap, though this year post-baby and the way its messed with my sizing has been a lot of cheap stuff from Kohl's.
                        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Pajamas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Veronica
                          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Jeans, plain black dansko pros, shirt of some kind (usually target basic tees of various styles and colors). I have 6 of the same jeans, and 12 pairs of the same black socks, six of the same bra (different colors), and a couple dozen of the same underwear (also different colors). Shirt's the only thing that visibly changes day to day unless I'm mixing things up and wearing a skirt and leggings and boots, or slacks and nicer shoes, which I don't do all that often.
                            Sandy
                            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Tshirt, running shorts, and either flip flops or sneakers. I'm so fancaaaaayyyyy.

I work with rescue dogs, fashion is wasted on them. If I'm going somewhere other than the shelter or running errands, it's jeans and a shirt/blouse (+ a light sweater in fall/winter), flip flops/toms/boots depending on the temperature, big earrings, a long skinny necklace, either my white ceramic or champagne gold watch, and plenty of mascara. If it's somewhere a bit nicer, a dress and flats/short heels/boots with nicer accessories.
                              Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Working...
                              X