Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair

We've talked about curly hair in the past. How do you style your hair? I'm a wash and go girl. I typically let it air dry and then tie it back. Last year, it got so long that it was an inch from my waist, which was a bit ridiculous. Now it's to my bra strap. What I'm really longing for though is a pixie, and then maybe growing it out for a little fauxhawk. I'm pretty sure I would regret it. (I also harbor fantasies about dyeing said pixie platinum blonde and having some fun with temporary colors.)

What's your current style? Do you want to change it?

Long, thick, curly. I wash and let it dry. It goes up in a messy bun or I wear a baseball hat. Sometimes I'll flat iron it but never in the summer.
    I dream of a pixie but don't have the balls to do it.
    Last edited by rainbabies; 10-02-2014, 07:25 PM.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Big Texas hair. It's real.

I usually have it twisted in a clip at home or running errands. I wash it once a week then apply coconut oil or Ouidad hair gel while it's damp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I have a hair appointment next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Veronica

Comment

Medium thick curly hair but I mostly straighten it. I went for a long bob finally and love it.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I want to chop off my hair so badly. Its down to my shoulder blades. I always prefer it at right on top of my shoulders. Every time I shower I get out, mousse it, gel it, scrunch it up into a towel to let dry for a bit an then let it down and pull it half back... and that lasts about two minutes until I pick up E and then pull it back into a messy ponytail/bun concoction.
            -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
            Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
            Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Dang V-girl - you do not look like you are a day over 20!!!! Of course you have big TX hair...it is f-ing humid today.

Once I moved to the land of humidity, I cut my hair into a shoulder bob and wear it curly most days...I also use oudad and coconut oil. When i lived in the land of zero humidity, I wore it long and straight. Here, I do not bother. However, I am starting to grow it out for winter with the hopes that I may wear it straight some days.
              Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by medpedspouse View Post
                Dang V-girl - you do not look like you are a day over 20!!!! Of course you have big TX hair...it is f-ing humid today.
                I love you. The bad lighting hides my desperate need for a dye job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Veronica

Comment

Wash every couple of days, scrunch with Infusium 23, and done. It's usually down but I wear it in a braid when I sleep because it gets everywhere.

Comment

My hair is wavy naturally. DH HATES when I wear it scrunched, so I don't. I wash my hair on Friday mornings, blow dry it, and then curl or straighten it (usually curl lately). If I invest a bit of time in the blow dry, it will require minimal touch-ups all week (maybe curl every other day). Sometimes (like this week), it's extra blah by Thursday, so I'll wear it up. Usually in a high bun, but yesterday was a ponytail, as my head already hurt. I get it dyed about every 6 weeks and cut every other visit. I'm enjoying growing my hair out and am glad I resisted the urge to chop it when it started falling out
                    Jen
                    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Mine is below my shoulders, somewhat thick, and wavy. I only wear it wavy when it's super long and I don't have bangs though, and I've had blunt bangs for a couple years. Thinking of getting rid of them soon though. I either put it up into a bun and only style the bangs, or I blow dry/straighten the whole deal. I struggle with the decision between nicely shaped extra long bob with bangs, and letting it get long and wavy with long side bangs. It's in between now and pissing me off. I haven't colored for a long time and its my natural dark brown for now, but I think post baby I'll start dying it again, a shade or two darker and richer in color. I said something about dying it and DH was all "chemicals!!!" so I figured I can wait until I'm not preggo. (little eyeroll)
                      Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

When I'm not working the mommy ponytail I flat iron ad shoulder length bob. Strangely my hair is getting more wavy (frizzy) with age. My hair dresser said your hair completely changes every seven years.
                        -Ladybug

Comment

Past my shoulders and straight. And unfortunately a little greasy today. I have to wash mine every day, and I skipped yesterday...
                          Laurie
                          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Another wavy/curly girl living in a humid climate here. Wash every 3-4 days, scrunch with a big handful of mousse and let air dry. It hangs about to the bottom of my shoulder blades right now, needs a bit of a trim. In the summer it gets pulled back nearly every day; it's just too damn hot otherwise to have a blanket of hair on my neck. Fall and winter it hangs loose which I prefer. I have a big head so the big hair balances it out.
                            Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

I did the pixie almost a year ago, and it has made my life SO MUCH easier. My hair is wavy long but pretty curly at this length. Sometimes I miss french braiding it, and I know DH prefers it long (he jokingly gave me "his blessing" to cut it short last year as a present), but I mostly like the pixie and think it mostly looks good. I wash it, scrunch it with some product, sometimes stick a clip in it, and hope for the best.
                              Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Working...
                              X