Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been really tempted to do a pixie but am too scared I won't like it.

For those of you who don't wash your hair everyday what do you do? I always feel like my hair looks better at the end of the day. How long do you go between washing and do you do anything in between? Sorry for the stupid questions. Do you use a shower cap on the days you don't wash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

At most, I can skip one day before it's really obvious. I use a dry shampoo powder or spray on the second day.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I do a yuko treatment on mine and wear it straight every day. It's usually just longer than chin-length. DH likes it when I have it long and curly, but it's more work, and I haven't worn it like that in a while. Plus, it'd take me over a year to grow out. I was as infrequently as possible, 2-3 times a week.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I wash once a week. I don't do anything between. On a rare occasion, I will do dry shampoo before bed. I wear a shower cap in the shower.
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Curly and thick. I wash once a week or longer if I wear it straight. Curly I wash every other day. Deva curl is amazing for curly hair. I use Moroccan oil products for straight days. Always always sulfate free!!

I get it colored every 8 weeks and cut every other.
            Brandi
            Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
              At most, I can skip one day before it's really obvious. I use a dry shampoo powder or spray on the second day.
              Same here. I wash it every day unless I'm pressed for time or extra lazy - that happens at most once or twice a month.

Very long and mostly straight, though sometimes slightly wave. Wash daily. Air dry. Lately put it up in a perpetual sloppy bun or sloppy pony tail if I'm going out. DS is too young for my hair to be down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
                I wash once a week. I don't do anything between. On a rare occasion, I will do dry shampoo before bed. I wear a shower cap in the shower.
                I usually do too. Although I'm pretty in live with dry shampoo. If wear it down, there is at least a little dry shampoo in it.

I can only do this if it's a really good blow out. I occasionally have to touch up with a straightener or curling iron. I also have a pretty good drybar shower cap. I think I kind of worked up to this. It started out as every other day and then just got progressively longer.

A really hard spin class, hot yoga, or getting caught in the rain on a run totally destroys my routine, but otherwise I'm totally fine with once a week.

Comment

Shoulder length and wavy.
                  I have been straightening it for 1.5 years. My kids recently told me it looks terrible straight so I went back to curling it.
                  Also, I went strawberry blonde a week ago and I love it!
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

A little below shoulder length, mostly straight, layered, with bangs. Very, very thick. What little waviness I have is stubborn and makes my hair flip the wrong way....not cute. Think chia pet. Colored and cut every 5 weeks. I wash it every day, and either "straighten" it (my straightener has a slight curve to it, so I use it to get my hair to curl under) or use the curling iron if I want a curlier look.
                    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post

A really hard spin class, hot yoga, or getting caught in the rain on a run totally destroys my routine.
                      This is my problem. If it is curly, I wash every other day. If it is straight, I can go two days but hair will have to be up. Even with the dry shampoo, my hair just feels gross after working out...and I am not a big sweat-er. If I did not work out, I could go longer between washes. My nose is pretty hypersensitive to smells. DH says I have a dog nose. (I know - so sweet ). Even if it is freshly washed but I have been outside in the sun all day, the different smell bothers me. Maybe I should try stronger smelling shampoos/conditioners. The diva curl and ouidad are very mild on me.
                      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by medpedspouse View Post
                        This is my problem. If it is curly, I wash every other day. If it is straight, I can go two days but hair will have to be up. Even with the dry shampoo, my hair just feels gross after working out...and I am not a big sweat-er. If I did not work out, I could go longer between washes. My nose is pretty hypersensitive to smells. DH says I have a dog nose. (I know - so sweet ). Even if it is freshly washed but I have been outside in the sun all day, the different smell bothers me. Maybe I should try stronger smelling shampoos/conditioners. The diva curl and ouidad are very mild on me.
                        Same here! Even if it looks clean, I can't abide if I think it smells. (I also have dog nose)

Comment

My hair is super fine and straight, and it gets really greasy if I don't wash it every day. Most days I dry it with a bit of mousse for body. It's currently a bob with side bangs, and it needs cut again. I love it shorter!
                          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Working...
                          X