Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Taste aversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taste aversion

Has something like this happened to you?

I used to love coffee. Love. I drank it all day long. I drank it when I woke up, at midmorning, for lunch and during the afternoon. I always bought a cup of coffee on the way to the Cities. I really loved coffee.

Suddenly, I can't stand the way it tastes. I have the necessary morning cup, but don't enjoy it beyond that anymore. It really has been a sudden change.
    It's certainly more healthy to drink less, but it kind of freaks me out.
    I have had no changes in medications. Nothing is different.
    Has this ever happened to someone else?
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Any remote chance of pregnancy?
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Hmmmm...interesting. My first thought was Heidi's.
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
        LOL. Dear God, NO!

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
          Bwahaha, you did just have the "weekend of love" at the cabin...
          Kris

Comment

I actually have my period. TMI. Sorry. Pregnancy would have been a real game changer in this house!
            It's been like this for a little over a month.

Comment

Originally posted by houseofwool View Post
              bwahaha, you did just have the "weekend of love" at the cabin...
              lol

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                I actually have my period. TMI. Sorry. Pregnancy would have been a real game changer in this house!
                It's been like this for a little over a month.
                I was going to say that I have taste aversions when pregnant. But, I also cannot stand the taste of yogurt when I'm menstruating. It just tastes more sour than usual.
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I have taste aversions occasionally before my period. It's pretty inconsistent. Twice I've even found red wine disgusting - which is insane. It's my favorite food 😊

Comment

Hormones definitely change my sense of taste and smell -- four days ago (just before my period started) everything I sniffed had an undertone of cat piss. And not just in my house either (where cat piss is unfortunately not THAT uncommon an odor), it was in shops and in the forest and everywhere. It was gross.

But something coffee-specific that's been happening to me lately is that the more I pay attention to what I eat, the less coffee I can drink. I think it's something about the correlation between caffeine and my heart weirdnesses and palpitations. Since I've started watching my diet, I can't handle more than one cup of coffee, I switch to green tea after the first cup. It's not really intentional, I tried to drink a second cup the other day when DD had me up at 3:30 and I was exhausted, but I could barely get through half of it. Coffee shops hold no attraction for me either, my heart starts racing even just thinking about a chai latte -- too much sweet and caffeine in one place.

A different (hopefully healthier) season of life, I guess!
                    Alison

Comment

I'm off coffee, too. I had the stomach ulcer and the two months of special diet - with no caffeine - but my taste for it never came back. It's been almost six months! I wondered if it was just the association. Of coffee and pain. Who knows though? I'm definitely off it and weirded out by the abrupt change too. It happened to another mom here recently as well, she said it was post surgery.

Angie
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                      X