Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Lego sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oi, that subscription is $500 per year and you don't even have any Legos to play with at the end of it? I don't think it'd work for us. Especially since DS is getting into Technic now, and gearing up to when we finally give in and get him Mindstorms.
    Alison

Comment

If we totaled it all up, we have spent thousands of dollars on Legos through the years. All three of my kids are die hards . (Heck, I kind of love them too).

I think I just swooned over Lady Moreta's suggestion to rent them. That's going to be DS#2s main Christmas present! <smooch>
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
          Has anyone here tried Pley? DH isn't really into rebuilding things, so I'm considering it if he wants to keep getting sets.
          DH tried the trial but it is very spendy!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
            DH tried the trial but it is very spendy!
            So are the licensed sets... I asked DH if he was interested, but he said he'd rather have the sets to keep. Oh well!
            Laurie

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
              So are the licensed sets... I asked DH if he was interested, but he said he'd rather have the sets to keep. Oh well!
              Very true...I keep looking at them for Christmas but jeez that's a lot of money (especially since we don't have a ton of storage space)!

Comment

My main issue is we have Legos coming out of our ears, but they always want to try a new set. It does keep them busy for days. If we work through two sets per month, each older girl working through once by herself, that's 10 dollars per Lego experience (minimum one day completely occupied and not fighting with arguing with sibs) and I don't have to store them. It's a win for this family!
                -Ladybug

Comment

Awesome, I hope it works out! I would not mind getting out of the stepping-on-Legos hell that is my kids' playroom (having procrastinated from cleaning it for weeks now, I think I am diving in today now that we are having a birthday party here in a week...ugh.) But on the other hand when he says, "I'm gonna build a Mars rover!" and vanishes into his collection and comes out with an exquisitely detailed and functional creation...it's almost worth it.
                  Alison

Comment

We're going to get dd a set for Christmas. I kind of love Lego Friends. Yikes, I can't believe I'm admitting this... I love the little croissants and mini fridges and hairbows. . Dh and I had an insane amount of fun building the cruise ship for her. It was on sale at Target and we threw the 7-12 age range out the window for our newly minted 4yo (at the time).

But alas, this is for dd who is REALLY terrible at following the lego instructions and free hands everything.

Any recs for a fun set for a 5yo? Doesn't have to be the Lego Friends, but I'm... See the first paragraph of this (mama lurrrrves LF).
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We have the cruise ship too! Lol. So many fun mini foods. It makes me think of Beatrix Potter's Two Bad Mice when they get so excited and then mad when they find out the food is fake.

We went to toys r us today. There was a life-sized minecraft warrior that took 165 hours to make with over 24,000 pieces! Kids were amazed.

I'd think you could do anything at five if the parent was walking you through it. I think of ages in terms of independent work. At five they would love to search for any piece and put it where you showed them. Family project
                      -Ladybug

Comment

We call DD our master builder. She's two, so she really can't follow the instructions, but she loves taking pieces from one set and putting them on another. And she loves playing with the people and animals, especially horses she can make people ride. DS is 4, and he can work with DH on any of the sets, regardless of age range. Definitely not ready to work one by himself.
                        Laurie

Comment

Just got our first Pley set! DS2 knocked it out in 40 minutes. He wanted to get his Lego People and add it to the set and start playing. :/ We had to explain that we keep it separate. He is so jazzed that another set is coming. I'm embarrassed to say this but $15/month would save us a lot of dough over the long haul. Two thumbs up here!
                          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
                            Just got our first Pley set! DS2 knocked it out in 40 minutes. He wanted to get his Lego People and add it to the set and start playing. :/ We had to explain that we keep it separate. He is so jazzed that another set is coming. I'm embarrassed to say this but $15/month would save us a lot of dough over the long haul. Two thumbs up here!
                            Ooh, good to know! I think it would save us $$$, too. This may be DH's Christmas present...
                            Laurie

Comment

We're getting the heartlake city pool today. Just in the nick of time! Kids are off school tomorrow and home with a sitter.
                              -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
                                We're getting the heartlake city pool today. Just in the nick of time! Kids are off school tomorrow and home with a sitter.
                                That one was fun!
                                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                                X