Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Lego sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, we've received one kit since Christmas and one statement credit. I think their business exploded and they are not ready to handle the influx. I like the company and the idea so we're going to stay, but they need to expand ASAP.
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

We haven't had any delays, but they're sending stuff pretty far down in DH's wish list.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

We only got one set but I think it's just one per month. I'll have to check on it... She loves Legos!!! It is the only thing she'll do alone. She's so social.
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Interesting, thanks. We had a full queue, but they sent us a form letter basically saying "we're sorry we can't send anything from your list, but if you follow this link we can send you something off that list immediately." So that set has arrived now.

I hope Pley is able to work out their problems--when it's working as intended it really fits our lego needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Reviving this thread for a slightly different use:

What Lego set for C? She's almost 4 and really good with Duplo but I'm worried that she's starting to outgrow it. She's had a few sets that had some simple directions and she's really enjoyed that but at the same time, I don't want to get a set that she won't be able to use for a couple of years and/or will frustrate her.

Also, I guess we have to keep in mind Destructo Baby (D) and the new one who could eat new Legos...
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I'd just go by the age recommendations on the box. Mixels are cute, and they'd make good stocking stuffers.
              Laurie

Comment

There are also lego junior sets that are for the inbetween duplo and small lego sets. What about just a bunch of random lego bricks- not a particular set?
                Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

We got DS (5) just the sets of random bricks for his birthday. He loves creating things. The smaller things he recieved with instructions he usually needs help with and after we put it together once it goes into the general pile. DD (2) is pretty good about attempting to play with them too but she does eventually move into smashing mode and we have to remove her.
                  Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

I think it depends on how they play. My son (5) has a lot more fun going through the sets and following the instructions. DD (4) prefers to play with the sets that are already put together, like they're dollhouses. She also enjoys the non-set blocks more than DS. But if your DD likes pretending and making characters act out stories, I'd urge you to get at least one set that's a house or castle with rooms and characters.
                    Laurie

Comment

Lego sets

The Junior sets are fun-- they can build them into 4 different scenes usually. The age range is 4-7 I think. That being said, my dd7 is really into Legos but likes to play with Lego sets also, so once she builds something she doesn't want to take it apart. For just building, we have loose pieces. She did make some cool houses and cars from pieces we got at the Lego store-- stocked up on "fencing" pieces, steering wheels, axles, wheels, windshields, etc. Good times... She's my Lego kid though. She builds the 8-14 year old kits. She asked for shelves for Christmas to display her Lego sets.
                      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                      X