Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I cannot be the only one who...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
    ...thinks Bradford Pear trees smell like butt in the spring when they bloom
    I HATE that smell - it's one of the things I don't miss at all about Connecticut
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

Comment

I cannot be the only one who...

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
      ...thinks Bradford Pear trees smell like butt in the spring when they bloom
      Oh I HATE those things...makes me choke/gag!

Comment

...feels like sunburn is a moral failing (for myself/my kids - I don't care about anyone else).
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
          ...has emergency car deodorant.
          ...doesn't like the taste of beer, wine that isn't as sweet as soda, or coffee without a whole lotta sugar.
          My emergency deodorant is in my office, but yeah on both of these.
          I also talk to myself and my computer and the cat all the time.
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Female Ginko trees smell like vomit. The story in Philly is that the city got a deal on them and planted them everywhere without knowing that they were female trees. Spring smells like the morning after a frat party. Lovely.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I can't stormachtig the smell of Bananas, eggs or mulch.
              Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                Female Ginko trees smell like vomit.
                We had a couple of these in my town in NJ. If you stepped on the fruit by accident, the smell would follow you like luggage. Kind of an eau d'vomit/feces melange.
                But I seriously though most people were fond of the pear tree smell - I'm really quite relieved to find out that I'm not weird. well that way anyway.
                Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                Let's go Mets!

Comment

I have to thank Heidi for car deodorant.
                  Kris

Comment

Apparently Bradford pear blossoms smell like semen?
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                      Bradford pear trees totally smell like jizz.
                      Ummm...there's a smell to splooge?
                      Jen
                      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Hahaha! I have spent too long thinking back on my previous experiences...and I can't recall a specific smell! Something to observe next time
                        Jen
                        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

As for the original post...
                          ...hides yummy things from both DH and kids.
                          ...has never had DH sleep anywhere but our bed and vice versa when home at night (even when on call or sick).
                          ...hates having a doorbell.
                          ...needs basically complete darkness and complete silence to go to bed
                          ...cannot stand the ticking of a clock
                          Jen

Comment

Oh I hide yummy food all the time! And Dh sleeps in our bed, period. I sometimes sleep part of the night with one of the kids but not usually.
                            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
                              ...has never had anything carbonated. Ever.
                              I told DH this, and he thinks you ARE the only person in existence. He thinks that tribes deep in the Amazon rainforest have tried it. LOL.

He was like flipping his shit. Why? Why?? Why???

I mean, beer is gross. But never trying Coke or Sprite or rootbeer in your whole life? Sorry, that's just wrong.
                              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
                                I told DH this, and he thinks you ARE the only person in existence. He thinks that tribes deep in the Amazon rainforest have tried it. LOL.

He was like flipping his shit. Why? Why?? Why???

I mean, beer is gross. But never trying Coke or Sprite or rootbeer in your whole life? Sorry, that's just wrong.
                                I can totally hear that conversation going down.
                                Kris

Comment

Working...
                                X