Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

October 23rd News

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 23rd News

"Just For Today" megathread. Post little announcements, petty rants, small victories, and superficial confessions here for one day only. But please please please consider opening new threads too. We nosy chickens want to read all the details and talk everything over ad nauseum too.

There wasn't one for today...hope it's okay that I added one!

October 23rd News

Me at work today:

http://s473.photobucket.com/user/Mjr...g-gif.gif.html

WPW how do you do your gif magic?!
    Last edited by Mrs. MD, Esq.; 10-23-2014, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I was just going to add one too! I freaked out this morning while pumping when my pump suddenly lost suction. Checked all connections and membranes and didn't see anything wrong. I went down and tried the hospital grade pump at work, and the same thing was happening, so I tried one side at a time and discovered the left was the culprit, and a closer inspection found a tiny bit of something, probably from my nipple butter, stuck on the membrane. So, I got it finally working, but at that point I was frazzled from everything and got terrible output. I wish I had a freezer stash to depend on. E's been getting 2 4oz bottles this week with one of those having 2oz of cow's milk, because that's all I've been able to pump.
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Feeling overwhelmed and miserable. I don't know how my job doesn't get it that I am leaving soon - please stop giving me more work to do! I am already trying to do all of MY work AND the work of my recently retired AA, just for my student program. Don't make me do other stuff. I want to walk in there and talk about how my BP was borderline hypertensive at yesterday's doctor appt. Maybe then they will back the F off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Originally posted by scarlett09 View Post
          Feeling overwhelmed and miserable. I don't know how my job doesn't get it that I am leaving soon - please stop giving me more work to do! I am already trying to do all of MY work AND the work of my recently retired AA, just for my student program. Don't make me do other stuff. I want to walk in there and talk about how my BP was borderline hypertensive at yesterday's doctor appt. Maybe then they will back the F off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          From what you've shared, I doubt it...they're clueless inconsiderate asses. If they don't ALREADY know to layoff a bit, they'll never get it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
            "Just For Today" megathread. Post little announcements, petty rants, small victories, and superficial confessions here for one day only. But please please please consider opening new threads too. We nosy chickens want to read all the details and talk everything over ad nauseum too.

There wasn't one for today...hope it's okay that I added one!
            Thank you for opening this. I thought of doing it at 1:30 this morning when Lambie woke me. Then the day got crazy and I'm sitting down for the first time now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I blocked off this morning on my work calendar to take a morning with the girls (they have swim and tumble gym on Thurs). I fully expected it to get booked over since no one respects anything that's not work and by some miracle, it did NOT get booked over. I got to go to both swim and tumble gym and see the girls at their activities. It's a little thing but it was nice to meet their teachers and see what they do every day!
              Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
              Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Yay!
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Successfully made browned-butter chocolate chip cookies for DS's class, delivered them and saw his friends sing happy birthday, yay!

Then I returned home and went to make a devil's food cake and cupcakes for tonight and his party tomorrow, only to discover that my electric mixer beaters have vanished. I had to beat my egg whites by hand and they didn't turn out as stiff as I'd have liked. Grr. (The batter is crazily good though, fingers crossed for a yummy cake!)
                  Alison

Comment

My feet hurt. That means I should buy another pair of my favorite ballet flats, right?
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Looked all over town for a yellow zip up hoodie for hubby's banana costume for our Halloween event tomorrow and finally decided to get a white one at Walmart and dye it. Got home and realized I managed to grab one without a zipper. I'm so over these stupid costumes. I had high hopes for our little fruit family, but we may just be cuter without costumes at this point.
                      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Finished early today, stopped @ a new outlet on the way home and managed to get a Tahari dress, pair of Theory slacks, and a romper for less than what I initially thought I'd pay for the dress alone (the dress was listed at $107 and I got all three for $88). Confession: out of all the amazing restaurants in our area I decided to stop at Maggianos for dinner. Mall food!! May even stop at Crate and Barrel...
                        Last edited by MAPPLEBUM; 10-23-2014, 04:40 PM.

Comment

My 3yo just dropped his pants in the middle of the California Pizza Kitchen dining room. He was going camando too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Ahhhh! Oh no!! Too funny!

Love cpk btw. Used to order the BBQ chicken salad for delivery at least im once a week when I lived in NYC. I truly miss seamless web.

Comment

Working...
                            X