Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Central heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central heat

It's October 27 and we haven't turned ours on yet! It's getting borderline...it's 64 degrees upstairs...but at this point I think we'll hold on at least another day from sheer stubbornness.

Anyone else in a mild climate and/or sticking it out just because you're not ready to pay heating bills yet?
    Alison

Nope DH is a bear to wake if it's too cold in the house. We've had the heat on at night for a while.
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

No, but I'm still running my air conditioner every day...
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Uh, not here. Lows have been in the 30s the past few nights, I've had to turn the heat on just to keep the temp at 65 at night!
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

We've had it on a few days. Not at night yet. (We're also not in a mild climate - at least not what I would consider mild).

But apparently my thermostat thinks it's summer today. (I think it's just the light).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
            No, but I'm still running my air conditioner every day...
            Here too!
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Off and on. I've turned it on a few times when the inside temp has dipped below 62 or so, but it's not on permanently yet. I still need to insulate the windows... talk about one of my least favorite jobs. I've told DH that the first major improvement we make on any house we own will have to be good windows, if they're not already, plus insulating curtains. Assuming we live in a cold climate. Ten plus years of this drafty rental shit and I am just DONE with it.
              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Central heat

If it's an old house - buy one with new windows. I cannot believe the prices I hear for new windows in old houses. Insane!!! Like you could buy another house for the price of the windows.

Comment

We're still having to switch between A/C and heat - at night it's really chilly, but we're still solidly in the mid-70s during the day. When the sun circles around our building in the late afternoon and hits the back of our apartment, it can get really toasty. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 81.
                  Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

No heat or air currently running here
                    Tara
                    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

No heat, I'm still sweating everyday here! This past weekend was in the 90's. Usually this time of year we're in the blissful place of no heat or air, but I'm still having to turn the AC on occasionally to cool down the house.
                      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by MDPhDWife View Post
                        No heat, I'm still sweating everyday here! This past weekend was in the 90's. Usually this time of year we're in the blissful place of no heat or air, but I'm still having to turn the AC on occasionally to cool down the house.
                        Lol, you gotta get through Halloween before things cool off a bit
                        Tara
                        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I had it on a few times with cold snaps but generally I have the a/c on still. It was 88 yesterday. Should be cooling down to a high of 70 later this week.
                          Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Ha nope still in the land of a/c down here. I think it got down to 68 inside one morning a week or two ago during a little "cold snap" but it'll still be a while before I can switch on the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

We've run our heat one day so far this fall. Mostly it's still in the 80s. Cools down overnight, but the house has been holding the inside temp pretty steady without turning on the heat.
                              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Working...
                              X