Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's you all-time favorite soup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's you all-time favorite soup?

Brrrrrrr. Tis the souping season! I could eat soup everyday. Love it! I'm picking up a bowl of my favorite for dinner tonight. PF Chang's chicken noodle soup. Sounds weird, but it's so darn good.
    -Ladybug

I love cream soups.

I love a really good butternut squash soup, broccoli cheese, clam chowder, and loaded baked potato, and French onion (not cream, but hello, cheese!).

My absolute favorite, though, is probably a tie between She crab soup (or a crab and corn chowder) and a really good lobster bisque with lots of lobster in it.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I am making chicken vegetable barley for lunch today, with the leftovers of a roast chicken from Friday and maybe some tomatoes and cabbage. I love 13 bean soup with kielbasa. Beef stew. Caldo verde with spicy sausage. I was proud of my white bean potato and kale, and my red lentil and squash. I like a good minestrone. And the one time I made French onion soup from total scratch is still etched on my taste buds.

My tummy can't handle creamy soups very well which is a shame because our local Ivar's clam chowder is heavenly. My own clam chowder is a close second though.
      Alison

Comment

Maryland crab soup is absolutely my favorite. Love soup! Think I'm having some butternut squash soup for lunch to warn up from walk home from yoga. Yum!

Comment

I want to go out to eat with Heidi!
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Yay, Kris! Let's go!
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I am a soup whore. I'll eat soup all year long. Any soup, as long as it's not seafood. None. Nada. Nothing. Seafood.
              ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
                Yay, Kris! Let's go!
                +1
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Corn and crab bisque or homemade Zuppa toscana
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

SOUP! Me too! Love the stuff. I'm thinking our next retreat should involve mountain cabins, optional skiing/shopping/board games and reading and soup with homemade bread. Maybe that's just my fantasy.

Hard to pick a favorite. No creamy soups for this lactose free girl. Give me Chicken Tortilla Soup, Hot and Sour Soup, or a decent vegetable soup. LOVE.
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Mmmm lobster bisque...

Comment

I can't do rich and creamy much though I love a good clam chowder when I'm either in Seattle or Boston.

My faves are minestrone, corn and potato chowder, veggie stew, potato leek and moequika (sp?). I can do a bit of milk or coconut milk but I avoid the heavy cream soups.
                        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I'm a soup fanatic this time of year! I've started on my one soup a week kick. Last weeks turkey spinach soup was so delish I was eating it for snacks!

Going out a creamy today bisque or French onion is probably my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Potato leek, or a really good Thai tom kha sot (coconut milk and lemongrass). I went to my fave Thai restaurant at home a couple nights ago and got it, and realized I haven't had a good version since I moved. Sad. I used to get it takeout and have them add extra spice when I was sick.
                            Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I pretty much love all soup. Gumbo, bisque, chowder, pho, tom ka gai, koew nam, butternut squash, hot and sour, chicken noodle, minestrone, tomato, chili...
                              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Working...
                              X