Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Whole Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metropolitan Market is the place to go that would be similar to Larry's.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I heart Whole Foods....but only on Lamar and 6th street, Austin, TX. I could write a poem about that store. Sooooo dreamy.

Other than that one, yup, agreed that WF is overpriced. I mostly get my stuff from TJs and my new fav Aldi. Looooove Aldi. Love the fact that you must have a quarter to get a buggy. Unlike Wal-crap-mart across the street with all its so important people that cannot put their shopping carts where they belong, the Aldi parking lot is pristine. Furthermore, the packaged food has ingredients that I can actually pronounce, the fruits and vegs are fresh, the meats are lean and the prices are great. Yes, you do have to bag your own groceries but I prefer to do so since I can organize them how I want them...sometimes I just drop off the cold stuff by the house and keep running my errands. It also reminds me of shopping in small European towns. Ha,ha.
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by medpedspouse View Post
        It also reminds me of shopping in small European towns. Ha,ha.
        Yup. My german MIL shops at Aldi all the time. Granted, there's not a TON of choice where she is, but it's definitely more like "home" to her than typical american mega-marts.
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
          Yup. My german MIL shops at Aldi all the time. Granted, there's not a TON of choice where she is, but it's definitely more like "home" to her than typical american mega-marts.
          Aldi is like TJs...someone told me they are actually owned by the same company...cannot confirm source since I do not even know where I got the info...I might have dreamt it.

Not a ton of choice but you can get the staples.

Comment

I think they are owned separately by brothers in the same family. Something like that.

Angie
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
              I'm meh on Whole foods. Now Central Market (think Whole Foods for a foodie, not health related). now that is awesome
              I miss Central Market.

So, so much.

I like some of the weird, funky stuff you can get at WFs sometimes. But it is WAY overpriced for most stuff and its pre-made meals are very disappointing and bland.

Comment

I also heart Central Market but it is not my weekly go to kind of place. I sort of use it only for specialty items. The HEB plus (es) are my other stop if I can't find everything at Aldi.

Comment

Whole Foods

No it's definitely a treat place! We love to go there for lunch
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                    No it's definitely a treat place! We love to go there for lunch
                    This. WF is solely visited for lunch/dinner lol. Love the salad bar, soups, hot bar, pizza and gelato. I rarely go in the main entrance. I'm not all that worried about organic food and we don't have any special dietary needs or concerns to warrant shopping there and spending more than our regular grocery budget ($100-125/week for 2.75 people).

We have a TJs, WF and Wegmans within 15 minutes of us (and they are all within 2 miles of each other). The only store we have really shopped in is TJs. I like their prices, the frozen foods have been really good, as have the wine, cheese, and anything involving chocolate. We don't shop there every week, but when the mood strikes, we go in there and spend a few bucks. We have our local Shop Rite less than 5 minutes away where we buy all of our groceries. Everything is well priced, but the produce is meh. I'm trying to get better on seeking out alternate sources for produce.

Wegmans we rarely go in. Their fresh stuff is really good (meats, cheeses, produce) but everything else to me seems overpriced. And it is always crowded.

And just writing about TJs is making me hungry. Maybe I can convince DH to go there today. The power of suggestion to a pregnant woman is a dangerous thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Working...
                    X