Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How would you feel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to go to an Aveda salon and they usually did some sort of massage (scalp, hand, etc). It usually made me feel a little uncomfortable but I liked it.
    Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

My stylist has done it. I never feel squeamish about a massage unless I feel like the person is hitting on me. I'm totally open for free pleasure...

Angie
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I've never had that experience at a salon, but I'm also cool telling someone to get the fuck off of me if I don't want them touching me.

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
          Not all Aveda salons are the same. The one I go to for hair massages the shampoo and conditioner in while washing the hair, and someone will come around during the cut to ASK if you want a hand massage, but there's no awkwardness.
          I'm not into the scalp massage either. Those shampoo sinks are so uncomfortable. Why would I want to hang my head in there longer. I don't like the Aveda perfumes and oils either. Just their whole ambiance strikes me as gimmicky.
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead View Post
            I go to Mike's Barber Shop. Mike has never given me a massage. Prior to Mike's I used to go to Vinnies. Vinny never gave me a massage either. Is there something wrong with me?
            Fluff, you are getting a baaaaaad deal. DH goes to Gene's barbershop where he gets hot towels on his face while getting a shoulder/neck rub by the big burly dude!
            Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
              I've never had that experience at a salon, but I'm also cool telling someone to get the fuck off of me if I don't want them touching me.
              I bet they do get their hands off asap. 😂

I am not a fan of most massages...they do the opposite and I end up more tense. I just call it for what it is. Saying "thank you but I would rather not have a massage right now" has worked for me...and them - I don't think anyone gets their feelings hurt or feels awkward.
              Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by medpedspouse View Post
                DH goes to Gene's barbershop where he gets hot towels on his face while getting a shoulder/neck rub by the big burly dude!
                Yeah. I think I'll stick with Mike. Your dh can keep his big burly dude.
                Though Mike is always insisting that I need to trim my eyebrows.
                Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                Let's go Mets!

Comment

Working...
                X