Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

We are moving to.......Phoenix, Arizona!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are moving to.......Phoenix, Arizona!!

Hubby matched for his top choice Psych at his first choice hospital.

Anyone here from Phoenix??

We got married in Feb. and are flying down in April to look for houses!!

EEEK!! I don't know if I'm excited or scared, maybe a bit of both.

I don't know much about Phoenix or the surrounding area, but I just wanted to extend my congratulations on matching and finding out where you're going! Congratulations also on your wedding.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Congratulations, that is great - I have a friend who's hoping to find out he matched in Phoenix tomorrow, but he's not Psych. Can I ask how you guys found out early?

Good luck with the house hunting, we had a great time on ours.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Congratulations! That warm weather sounds terrific about now.
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Never been there, but congrats on your dh getting his top choice! THat's exciting!
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

i haven't been there, but my parents have and they really loved it. they are well-traveled and arizona in general is one of their favorite spots...

congratulations and brush up on your espanol!
            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Psychiatry??!!?? On purpose??!!??

Cheers!
              Ron

Comment

I am just jealous that you found out early!! I am climbing the walls until tomorrow. DH's school has a big ceremony and we can't know a THING until 11:30 tomorrow morning!! I am going absolutely crazy!! Congrats on the top choice and on moving somewhere WARM!!! I can't give you any advice on the area - I don't know it at all, but I'm sure you will love it!!

Jen B.

Comment

OOPS, I should clarify. We pre-matched but didn't have anything final in writing till the other day when I posted. So we matched, but not in THEE match.

Psychiatry- first choice? hehehehe I know, YEP!! My hubby has marks that would allow him to choose any specialty he wanted,but he wanted psych. We talked a lot about it. He's had a hate/hate relationship with medical school and especially clinicals and hospitals and just generally had a really rough time with the lack of $$ and no pay. It's been hard these past few years, he's been quite unhappy with medcial stuff in general. He's remarked many times how if he could do it all over again, he wouldn't have chose this. But,, that's another story.

Sooo, we researched and talked a lot about it and chose psych because the hours are really good, after res, you can choose your own hours in most places and the salary is quite decent. He does plan on doing a fellowship in forensics so the $$ should go up decently as well.

Comment

I was in Phoenix in August a couple of years ago closing an office. It was HOT!!!!!!!!!, but I loved it. And I know an artist who lives there who raves about the winters and keeps wanting me to come back out for a while. There's a lot to do and see, some really fabulous restaurants, and the desert is gorgeous. It'll be quite a change from Toronto, and definitely something wonderful to explore. And, if you don't love it, you can always move somewhere else at the end of residency! (Which, to me, was the best part of residency.)

My husband does enough Psych in his FP practice that he sometimes wishes he'd gone after that specialty. Lots of business out there!!!

Comment

Congratulations

We are here and Phoenix and I remember making that same April trip to find our new home! Overall I think you are going to Love it. My husband is PGY2 surgical resident here and although exhausted he loves it. We have 2 little boys so our little excursions are few but there is alway something to do.
                      Are you planning to work? I work at one of the hospitals downtown and can say I am very happy. Anyway I have my e-mail available so if you have any questions please ask and if there is anything that I can gather up let me know. We live in the Peoria-Glendale area.

Comment

Somehow I missed this post! We will be back in Phx for 3rd and 4th year. We lived there (before moving to Tucson for school) for 8 years. It is a great town and there is much to do. We will live on the other side of Phoenix in the Mesa area. Plan for it to be HOT HOT HOT in the summer but absolutely beautiful in the fall and winter Let me know if I can answer any questions for you also, I'd be glad too.

Comment

Working...
                        X