Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I've got personality!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got personality!

How do you see yourself? We've talked about some of the personality profiles in the past. Lots of med spouse introverts, right?

So....do you consider yourself as more______ or _______ or equally both?

Introverted or Extroverted?

Sensitive or Thick-Skinned?

Goofy/weird or Normal?

Innocent/Prudish or Evil/Brazen?

Crunchy or Not?

Optimistic or Pessimistic?

Punctual or Always Late?

Happy or Sad?

Nice or Mean?

Self-serving or Selfless?

Rigid or Tolerant?

Confident or Unsure?

Honest or Fake?

Of these qualities about yourself, which is your favorite, and which would you most want to change, if any?
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

I've got personality!

Ambivert. I'm dead in the middle on this one.

Sensitive. No doubt.

Goofy/weird or Normal?

Goofy.

Brazen.

Crunchy or Not?

Not.

Pessimistic.

Punctual or Always Late?

Punctual.

Happy or Sad?

In the middle.

Nice or Mean?

Nice.

Selfless

Rigid or Tolerant?

Very tolerant on some things. Very intolerant on others. Maybe that makes me more intolerant.

Confident or Unsure?

Unsure.

Honest or Fake?

In the middle. Mostly honest, but I'm not completely authentic about how I feel regarding politics, religion, and other things IRL.

Of these qualities about yourself, which is your favorite, and which would you most want to change, if any?

My favorite is that I'm selfless. I would most like to change to make my self more confident.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Introverted or Extroverted? Extrovert

Sensitive or Thick-Skinned? I am in the middle. Some things I blow-off and sometimes I can be sensitive even though I keep a poker face.

Goofy/weird or Normal? Oh - goofy. Not scared to get out of my comfort zone.

Innocent/Prudish or Evil/Brazen? People may say I am innocent/prudish because there are just certain things that I do not care to publish or talk about. However, I am very comfortable talking about sex - it is a normal/natural thing. I do not understand why people get freaked out to learn that their parents have a sex life. Huh? How do you think you came about? 😂. For example, I am ok asking my mom about how sex will change during menopause...on the other hand, I do not think that it is appropriate to discuss every detail between you and your mate. I guess that makes me a prude.

Crunchy or Not? Some would say I am crunchy but that is funny to me. Crunchy is in style. For example, I have been drinking coconut water, making my own coconut "milk" and using coconut oil all.my.life...that's just the family I grew up in. We used our own shopping bags for as long as I remember. Long enough ago that the stores would want to charge us for them because they had never seen people bring their own bags. However, I do not subscribe to all the crunchy-ness. I do love me some paper towels and bleach for example.

Optimistic or Pessimistic? Prepare for the worst and hope for the best

Punctual or Always Late? Punctual

Happy or Sad? Happy

Nice or Mean? Nice
      ETA- I will go mama lion/honey badger if someone hurts someone I care about. I can be pretty mean to a bully. On the keirsey temperaments I am a guardian.

Self-serving or Selfless? I strive for selfless

Rigid or Tolerant? Tolerant

Confident or Unsure? Confident

Honest or Fake? Honest

My favorite is tolerant. However, I am intolerant of people who are not tolerant. I tend to check out with people that are intolerant...even if I agree with their views. I figure I am not going to get anywhere so I just let them be.
      Last edited by medpedspouse; 11-11-2014, 07:10 PM.
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I am extroverted. Hubby is the introverted one.

Um... I'm not really sure.. Sensitive but not so you would know it. I don't show weakness.

Goofy/weird or Normal?
        When I was younger I was goofy...life has made me boringly normal

Very innocent..

Crunchy or Not?
        I'm not sure what crunchy means...

I used to be incredibly optimistic, but life has just taken it out of me.. It is too hard to hope anymore.

Punctual or Always Late?
        Always early

Happy or Sad?
        Prior to my mid 40's, always happy. Now sad.

Nice or Mean?
        Nice

Selfless

Rigid or Tolerant?
        I'm not sure... probably varies on the subject.

Confident or Unsure?
        Unsure

Honest or Fake?
        Depends. I honestly care about people but I will fake my own happiness. I don't let people see me. I will see them and care about them. So I'm not sure how to answer this.

I am an ENFJ.

Comment

Introverted or Extroverted? Definitely introverted.

Sensitive or Thick-Skinned? Sensitive

Goofy/weird or Normal? Mostly normal, with a bit of goofy/weird.

Innocent/Prudish or Evil/Brazen? On the innocent/prudish side, probably.

Crunchy or Not? Mostly not.

Optimistic or Pessimistic? Somewhere in the middle.

Punctual or Always Late? Punctual

Happy or Sad? Mostly happy

Nice or Mean? Depends, more nice than mean, but I can definitely be mean.

Self-serving or Selfless? I guess this depends too. I'd like to say selfless, but I know it's not always true.

Rigid or Tolerant? Hmm, probably more rigid? I don't really know on this one.

Confident or Unsure? Again, it depends, but more unsure than confident.

Honest or Fake? I try to be honest.

Of these qualities about yourself, which is your favorite, and which would you most want to change, if any? I wish I was more extroverted and confident.
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Introverted. I do great in social settings but they suck the life out of me.

A bit of both. Really depends on my confidence level in a given situation.

Goofy/weird or Normal?
            Pretty freaking normal. DH is always shocked when my inner goofball comes out. When she does, she comes armed with bad puns.

See, this one is funny. I wouldn't call myself the slightest bit prudish, I curse like a sailor and am not a pearl-clutcher... but I am MINNESOTAN, which means I don't always think it's appropriate or necessary to talk about all the ways in which I am not prudish. I tend to think that people who make a big show out of their brazenness are just posturing or making up for some insecurity, and that gets a big shrug and eye-roll from me.

Crunchy or Not?
            Middle of the road. Used to be more crunchy but our current lifestyle is more geared to convenience.

A little of both. I'm pretty pragmatic, which some would see as pessimistic, and I tend to stress and plan for the worst, but in my bigger worldview I always feel like things are going to work out just fine.

Punctual or Always Late?
            Punctual. And I think it's rude to be late.

Happy or Sad?
            Happy I guess? I'm almost never sad, but not exactly joyous all the time. I'm generally satisfied and pleased.

Nice or Mean?
            Usually nice, sometimes blunt.

A little of both. Self-serving when it comes to a lot of little things, but selfless when it comes to my friends needing me, as well as my beliefs on social issues. I will take that parking spot, but I want everybody to have access to healthcare and education.

Rigid or Tolerant?
            Tolerant on most topics.

Confident or Unsure?
            Totally depends on the situation.

Honest or Fake?
            Eh, I usually try to be polite and say things in the nice way rather than offending, but honestly I'm not very good at it. People see right through my polite.

Um, apparently I'm so middle of the road that I'm boring. I guess I need to play to some extremes to make shit more interesting.
            Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I'm an ambivert, right in the middle.

I guess I'm thick skinned? I tend to think of it more as thoughtful. I rarely believe people are purposefully trying to hurt or offend me. Their behavior reflects on them, not me so what would I need to be sensitive about?

Goofy/weird or Normal?

Both depending on the day!! I'm still a trombone playing Star Trek loving girl at heart

Hmm, I guess more innocent but I am not in the least prudish but I'm also not evil or brazen.

Crunchy or Not?

NOT!

Umm, Pollyanna

Punctual or Always Late?

"To be early is to be on time" is my motto

Happy or Sad?

Again, Pollyanna

Nice or Mean?

Nice

Selfless

Rigid or Tolerant?

Neither? I consider myself loving. So while I have deeply held beliefs that doesn't mean I can't love someone that doesn't agree with me but I also don't believe I need to bend to be tolerant of their beliefs. What I can do is love my neighbor as myself.

Confident or Unsure?

Confident.

Honest or Fake?

Honest.

I guess I'm happy that I am confident enough in myself and who I am to be exactly that.
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

So....do you consider yourself as more______ or _______ or equally both?

Introverted or Extroverted? Naturally introverted but for work I have to put myself out there more than I'd like. I need recovery time, even from people I like.

Sensitive or Thick-Skinned? Sensitive as in empathetic but pretty thick-skinned. More so with age.

Goofy/weird or Normal? So weird. SO and I are fucking weird.

Innocent/Prudish or Evil/Brazen? Not innocent but not evil...I hope.

Crunchy or Not? Well meaning non-crunchy.

Optimistic or Pessimistic? Optimistic but realistic.

Punctual or Always Late? So punctual as in always early.

Happy or Sad? I've been through a lot so pockets of happiness with sadness in my heart.

Nice or Mean? Depends. Do I like this person?

Self-serving or Selfless? Depends on the situation. I would die for people I care about but cross me and I'll cut you.

Rigid or Tolerant? Rigid in scheduling but tolerant of differences and beliefs.

Confident or Unsure? In most situations, I just don't care so confident by default.

Honest or Fake? Honest. The older I get, the more I can't deal with fake anything.

Comment

Introverted

Sensitive.

Goofy/weird or Normal?

Goofy

Brazen

Crunchy or Not?

Not crunchy by Portland standards

Optimistic

Punctual or Always Late?

Punctual

Happy or Sad?

Happy

Nice or Mean?

Nice

Middle?

Rigid or Tolerant?

Tolerant

Confident or Unsure?

Middle?

Honest or Fake?

Middle

Favorite is that I'm happy/optimistic. Least favorite is how rigid I can be.

Comment

Introverted or Extroverted? Introverted. I like being with people and am not shy, but I need to recharge alone.

Sensitive or Thick-Skinned? Depends on what it's about. A lot of stuff doesn't bother me, but I do have a couple things I'm sensitive about.

Goofy/weird or Normal? DH claims I'm very weird. Pfft.

Innocent/Prudish or Evil/Brazen? Brazen.

Crunchy or Not? Crunchy among the people who surround me.

Optimistic or Pessimistic? Optimistic! I'm pessimistic about certain people if they've proven themselves worthy of it.

Punctual or Always Late?!2-3 minutes late. What the heck?!

Happy or Sad? Happy!!!

Nice or Mean? Nice. Until you piss me the hell off.

Self-serving or Selfless? Both; isn't everyone?

Rigid or Tolerant? Tolerant about a lot of things; quite rigid about others. I currently have zero patience for family members who buy into flu vaccination woo. They're killing me with their "facts."

Confident or Unsure? Both.

Honest or Fake? Honest. I also try to be tactful, which doesn't come easily. Perhaps that's what some would call fake.

Of these qualities about yourself, which is your favorite, and which would you most want to change, if any? That my default mood is happy. It would be nice to have a little more tolerance for my own sake so I don't get so bent out of shape when people spew BS.

Comment

Introverted

Sensitive (but I try not to show it...and far I'm far less sensitive as I am getting older).

Goofy/weird

I lean toward Evil/Brazen...

Not crunchy

Optimistic or Pessimistic...I say realistic (which means cynical with occasional optimism)!

Punctual/early

Happy

Fairly nice in general

Self-serving or Selfless? Somewhere in the middle

Fairly Tolerant

Confident or Unsure? Equal amounts of both, depends on the situation

Pretty honest unless I think it'll hurt someone unnecessarily

I wish I was less sensitive and a bit nicer...

Comment

Working...
                      X