Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Little update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little update

We are all doing good. Matt is going back and forth on doing a fellowship- either OB or Peds Anesthesia. In both rotations his attending has said "Hey, you would be great at this, consider a fellowship."

Matt brought up the other night possibly doing Peds in an area we would look at settling down. He is getting ready to take Step 3 in the next month or so (it's about time!). He has been receiving a lot of letters from companies who recruit for anesthesia groups. Matt wants to use some of his vacation coming up this April to go to UT, one of the places we are interested in moving to, and scoping out anesthesia groups. I think Matt will decide against a fellowship.

The kids are excellent- Brigham is 7 months, crawling, pulling himself to a stand, loves to "walk" if you hold his hands, and loves playing with Emma. Emma is 2 and a spitfire, and is constantly on the go. It's amazing what toddlers pickup- ie- the other day she told Brigham to "move it, please."

Here's the skinny on me-So... I have made a decision to be an independent demonstrator for Stampin'Up. I am really excited about it. I am going to have a social outlet, and an opportunity to do something that is not related to Matt's career or to raising children. For those of you who don't know what Stampin' Up is, the company sells really awesome stamp sets, much cheaper and better quality than you could buy at a craft store. The same goes with their scrapbooking and card making supplies- they are awesome. I love all of their stuff. I am not doing the standard stand up in front of people and demonstrate products, rather I will bring "projects" for everyone to do for a small fee to help cover my consumables- paper and accessories. I have been to a couple "stamp camps" and loved it.
    I just want to put my little shameless plug out there- if anyone is interested in ordering stuff. I would be more than happy to send you a catalog, or place an order for you. If you want to see what the company is about or see some of their stamp sets, go to http://www.stampinup.com

I made my first card outside of a "stamp camp" last night, and I don't think I have been happier. It was so nice to have something of my "own." Something I haven't felt in a while.

Well that is the update from this end.

Crystal
    Gas, and 4 kids

Hi Crystal,
    I can't believe Brigham is already crawling.
    How soon do you have to decide on the fellowship stuff?

The stamping sounds like great fun! How neat to find something that is "all your own." I understand exactly what you mean. I'll keep in mind that you are doing that -- Bryn just loves stamps. The "alphadots" stamps would be right up her alley. I used to give stamps as gifts to a friend who is a first grade teacher but my stamp source disappeared. (Did you ever go to The Happy Stamper in Cherry Creek North? It's gone. )

Thanks for the update!
    Nellie

Comment

Nellie-

I think Matt has until next year to decide on the fellowship. I believe as late as December. If he did a fellowship, I would push to stay here- less moving, we already have great doctors and an awesome apartment.

I didn't ever go to the Happy Stamper, I usually would go to Hobby Lobby or Michael's but even then I was paying an arm and a leg for a single stamp (~$5 to $15 a stamp). The sets Stampin' Up sells range from 28 for $29.95 to 4 for $11.95- it really varies on the set. The stamps are unmounted which saves money, and for me a bit of a stress reliever.

I think in the catalog there are over 600 stamps. It's crazy. There is a great children's stamping ink that is easy to wash off and out of clothing, and it's pretty inexpensive too. There is also fun washable tattoo kits (markers and stamps that are nontoxic, FD&C-approved inks that fade and wash off within a day).

Anywho, are you getting excited and ready for the upcoming move?

Crystal
      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Crystal,

It sounds like things are going great. By the way, how is your newborn crawling? You did just give birth yesterday, right? Where does the time go. Best of luck with the new business. As much as I would love to patronize your business, I'm the least crafty person I've ever met. BUT...here's to good business vibes coming your way.

I think that Matt will win either way. For the most part Peds and ObGyn seem to be the happiest specialties witht the patients that bounce back the best. This has to be very gratifying. My DH selected peds surgery because ...actual quote "you can beat the crap out of them (doing surgery) and they are up running around living a full life the next day". I'm not sure that I would couch it in these explicit terms, but it does make sense.

Anyway, best of luck with all of the new developments!

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Kelly-

Matt likes OB because quote "I walk into the room, and the mom is screaming in pain, and I give the epidural. 5 minutes later, she is saying 'Oh Dr. F I love you so much! You are the best!' Yep, I am the candyman of the hospital."

There is a saying- "Pediatricians are the nicest people in medicine, and pediatric anesthesiologists are the nicest people in the WORLD"

It feels like it was just yesterday that I had Brigham. It's amazing how quickly the time has gone by this time around, much quicker than it did with Emma.

I am not super crafty, but making cards seems so easy to me.

Crystal
          Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Hi Crystal,
            Sounds like things are moving along for you. I work with someone who does the "Stampin Up".. I have purchased a few things but not really used them yet. She does a Stampin Up every month at a restaurant (ChiChis), and usually does two crafts. Each person pays a set fee for the night to cover the supplies and room rental (around $15), then at the end of the evening she takes orders. I have enjoyed it when I have gone . Personbally I gofor the social and the Margaritas!!!! PM me if you would like her email for any advice. Good luck.
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Luanne-

I am going to do the same type of set up- a Stamp Camp. I have a great upline group, and there is so much support- meetings, stamp meetings, a message board. I am going to go for the gusto and do 7 cards for $10. I am also thinking about posting around at the local libraries and community centers offering to teach classes, etc. for a small fee.

I have become addicted to stamping. I'm glad I get a nice discount on products.

Crystal
              Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
              X