Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

November 17th News

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 17th News

"Just For Today" megathread. Post little announcements, petty rants, small victories, and superficial confessions here for one day only. But please please please consider opening new threads too. We nosy chickens want to read all the details and talk everything over ad nauseum too.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I'm cold. Apparently going to be 13 tonight. We really need to move ASAP. I can't deal with this crap.

Comment

Trying to get ready for a biz trip with two toddlers is not awesome. They unpacked my suitcase and unfolded everything in my bag. Then the little one pitched a face down tantrum when I wouldn't let her keep my hair dryer. And also let her run her snot on my suit jacket.

Awesome. I'd say I was looking forward to a night in a hotel but I'll be in the hotel for under 6 hours by the time I arrive tonight/have to leave tomorrow am.
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
        Trying to get ready for a biz trip with two toddlers is not awesome. They unpacked my suitcase and unfolded everything in my bag. Then the little one pitched a face down tantrum when I wouldn't let her keep my hair dryer. And also let her run her snot on my suit jacket.

Awesome. I'd say I was looking forward to a night in a hotel but I'll be in the hotel for under 6 hours by the time I arrive tonight/have to leave tomorrow am.
        I remember those days!! Hang in there! My clothes were never clean at that stage...someone's snot was always on them!

Comment

Oh man that is rough. What is it with toddlers and unpacking stuff?

Baby J kept trying to empty my sock drawer yesterday and then would get his arm stuck and squeal like a stuck pig
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

OMGosh!!!!! Why is Chicago so cold. This is brutal.
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Little rant: if you're in the pick-up line (vs parking in the lot) do not get out of your car and go inside.
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                OMGosh!!!!! Why is Chicago so cold. This is brutal.
                I know!!! I'm just leaving and pretty much wanted to die the whole weekend!

Comment

I'm convincing myself this isn't a 'normal' work week since I leave town on Saturday. Ughhh Mondaayyyyyy

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread. Busy morning.
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                      Thanks for starting this thread. Busy morning.
                      I happened to login today early and thought I'd lighten your load. Thanks for starting it every day!
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

It's POURING today and for the last week I've been saying how much I want it to rain so I can wear my new rain boots. Turns out, the joy of the new boots is short lived because, you know, it's still raining and awful.
                        Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cassy
                          Got a call today that my ADT system was alarming. Freaked out. Ran home from work to check it. Apparently a "false alarm" the back door opened but was stopped by the latch that only allows it to open a couple inches. Which makes no sense bc I haven't opened that door in a week and I always give doors a tug when I lock them out of habit. And it's not even windy.

I'm exhausted now. That zapped me of all my energyS
                          Oh geez Cassy, that is scary! Did the police meet you at the house before you went in? Be safe!
                          Tara
                          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Walked out my door for work and blue skies had turned to snow in less than an hour from when I was last out. By the time i got to work (hour later) the roads were caked in snow. Yay, really looking forward to my next 45 minute drive on back highways....

Comment

Just started snowing here too.

Comment

Working...
                              X