Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

November 19th News

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 19th News

"Just For Today" megathread. Post little announcements, petty rants, small victories, and superficial confessions here for one day only. But please please please consider opening new threads too. We nosy chickens want to read all the details and talk everything over ad nauseum too.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

I am almost finished with my work at the VA. I have to go in 1 more time. Sadly, my ID card expired last week. That means I have to go back through the fingerprinting and verifying process. I will be issued a new ID at the end of this process ... all to go in once and finish up.
    Today, I mentioned what a pain it was to my supervisor and she told me that if I had applied for a new badge before the old one expired, I would have saved myself the trouble.
    "Oh, but I told you it was expiring"
    "Sorry. I guess we just weren't on it."

Ugh.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Today is E's birthday! To celebrate, I flew home, dropped her off with Daddy who is off this week, and left to run errands and get a pedicure.
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Today I spent the day in my tiny cozy office in a snow covered town, listening to Christmas music and writing children personalized letters from Santa based on their parent/grandparent detailed order form. At one point I was even sipping hot mocha with marshmallows. Pretty much I was this guy:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/ff4aef027...6uizo1_500.gif

I have to say...it doesn't suck to be so happy and positive all day. This part of my job is pretty fun.

Angie
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

OMG, the alarm is still not installed!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
            OMG, the alarm is still not installed!
            WTF? Have you signed anything? I'd seriously consider getting another company in there. This is ridiculous.

Comment

OMG Angie you're a real live elf! That sounds like a ridiculously adorable day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
                Today is E's birthday! To celebrate, I flew home, dropped her off with Daddy who is off this week, and left to run errands and get a pedicure.
                Well played. I can't believe she is already one. That was fast!

Comment

Originally posted by niener View Post
                  OMG Angie you're a real live elf! That sounds like a ridiculously adorable day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I agree!

I listened to Christmas music on Tuesday. I just couldn't deal with the 14 degree temps and dusting of snow that morning without it.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                    WTF? Have you signed anything? I'd seriously consider getting another company in there. This is ridiculous.
                    I can't. We already have service with them at the rental and the breakage fee is ridiculous. I called and raised heck. They are sending a different tech.

Comment

I think he missed me! Hubby bought wine for me while I was gone, and while I was nursing E at bedtime, he ran me a bubble bath. I also came home to an almost clean house and a shiny waxed and polished car!
                      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                        I can't. We already have service with them at the rental and the breakage fee is ridiculous. I called and raised heck. They are sending a different tech.
                        I'm assuming this is ADT?
                        Tara
                        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Yup

Comment

I feel your pain.
                            Tara
                            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I should clarify. They are sending a different tech NEXT WEEK.

Comment

Working...
                              X