Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gift ideas for 7yo boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift ideas for 7yo boy

I always have a really hard time with this a) I don't have kids; and b) I only had sisters. I don't know anything about 7yo boys.

Anyone have any ideas? His bday is right after x-mas too, so I need two gifts. (Or maybe just one expensive one - I'm sure his parents would hate that, but whatever).

Last year we got him some book with like 1000 science experiments, a little kid chemistry set, and then some electric set that I can't remember the name of. All were well received. But I don't have any ideas this year.... You guys may have actually given me those ideas last year.... My memory isn't so hot today.

Any ideas?

You'll never go wrong with Lego.
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

Comment

Legos? Does he have any gaming systems?
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Does he have any specific hobbies?
        Legos, marble runs (there are a few different kinds), 1/200 piece puzzles, circuit set, chapter books (magic treehouse, boxcar children), book of mazes, perplexus game.
        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Originally posted by ides View Post
          Does he have any specific hobbies?
          Legos, marble runs (there are a few different kinds), 1/200 piece puzzles, circuit set, chapter books (magic treehouse, boxcar children), book of mazes, perplexus game.
          I'm sure he does. I have no idea what they are though! I know he liked Legos a lot last year, but I think everyone got him some.

Anyway, we just ordered a microscope for Christmas. Maybe we will do Legos for his bday. (If I can find a cheap set that's age appropriate).

Comment

Magnatiles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            -Deb
            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
              Magnatiles

Those are cool. But also pretty pricey. Man, this was better when he was a baby!! We may need to switch to checks soon!

Comment

My kids love getting gift cards and money.

-Deb

Comment

Cool. We'll do money for his birthday.

Comment

I would vote gift card over money. Maybe Barnes and Noble? My kids like being able to use a "credit card." Money gets shoved in the piggy bank and forgotten....which is good sometimes too.

Oh and adding a vote for Perplexus. Huge favorite in this house.
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

My son used all the birthday and Christmas money he'd received his whole life in the senior year of high school on snacks, movies and gas. I jokingly told him he should write thank you notes again to everyone for his 9th birthday gift, etc. He stuffed it way when he was young, but he was soooo happy to have it later.

I vote marble run. Cheap, lots of fun. Most parents won't get stuff like that because they know it will end up unused eventually. For a few weeks, though...it's a blast.

Angie
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Crystal growing kits are faves with my kids. There was dinosaur excavation kit that you put the skeleton together at B&N.
                        -Ladybug

Comment

Another thought - do you have a 5 below? There's a lot of really cool stuff there that could even be paired with a smaller sized gift card (everything is under $5). Sometimes I do that when I don't want the recipients parents to know exactly what I spent.

-Deb

Comment

Working...
                          X