Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Black Friday Shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went online and paid my water bill. 😐

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

And hoping LOFT is good because I want that plaid shirt damnit
      ARGHHHH Loft is only 40% off today and they are out of my size in the shirt. Should have bought it online yesterday. *sob*
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Quick help from photography peeps needed!

DH wants an SLR. I'd like to get him one, but know nothing. I'd like to get him a nice one, but he's a surgeon, not a photographer, so it doesn't need to be crazy nice. Under $1,000 please. Best camera for my buck? Best brand? Or, just get this one?! Thanks!

Heidi
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I love my Nikon d3100. If I had up to $1000 I would get the d5300. I'll let the better photographers weigh in though!
          Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I don't go. I just don't feel like the deals are ever that good. 50% jcrew outlet happened about every other week. 50% off gap, I get coupons for that. I just don't see the deals.

I will be out on small business saturday. I love finding new shops
            Brandi
            Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
              Quick help from photography peeps needed!

DH wants an SLR. I'd like to get him one, but know nothing. I'd like to get him a nice one, but he's a surgeon, not a photographer, so it doesn't need to be crazy nice. Under $1,000 please. Best camera for my buck? Best brand? Or, just get this one?! Thanks!

Heidi
              I'd stick with Canon or Nikon when going dSLR -- both are equally good. Amazon is running deals on some of the Canon Rebel line. That's the line I started out with, they're solid little cameras. I don't know anything about the exact model numbers, which ones are better than the others, etc but maybe some of our serious amateur photographers can chime in there.
              Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by niener View Post
                I'd stick with Canon or Nikon when going dSLR -- both are equally good. Amazon is running deals on some of the Canon Rebel line. That's the line I started out with, they're solid little cameras. I don't know anything about the exact model numbers, which ones are better than the others, etc but maybe some of our serious amateur photographers can chime in there.
                This and I like to add that you check B&H http://www.bhphotovideo.com or/ Crutchfield. Crutchfield usually has gift certifs if you buy X amount towards another purchase. We got $50 off one time and I think they are on ebates.

I got my first dSLR from B&H and had a great experience/got a great price.
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Black Friday Shopping

I got him the Nikon D7000 bundle at Best Buy. Good call?

$800

Heidi
                  Last edited by Vanquisher; 11-28-2014, 09:46 AM.
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Cheap red cowboy boots for $20. Mostly randomness. Not everything was a deal, but some things were. I got $150+ worth of Bobbi Brown makeup (foundation, powder, corrector and the concealer kit) all for $65 due to the super nice sales girl. We got the Settlers of Catan game for $9.99 due to shelving errors at Target (sale price was $32).

In honor of Small Business support, I'm placing 2 online orders today, one with HoW's soap business and the other with Jessicurl. Tomorrow I'm going to buy from my farmer.

I went out again at 9am this morning and am passing time waiting to checkout at Kohl's.
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
                      I got him the Nikon D7000 bundle at Best Buy. Good call?

$800

Heidi
                      thumbs up
                      Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

That's a very nice gift! I'm jealous, good work!
                        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

If you are going to buy from us, there is a coupon for free shipping. ship14
                          Kris

Comment

No shopping here, I was on the sofa with the fur babies and watched hours of Star Trek Next Generation on BBC in between naps!!!!!
                            Luanne
                            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                            X