Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Car sickness as an adult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car sickness as an adult

Has anyone developed car sickness as an adult? Long road trips give me a headache. I'm sitting in the front seat on hour 5 of a 7 hour trip and I want to hurl. This happens frequently when I ride in the car, mostly with my husband as the driver.
    Needs

Oh no! I hope it doesn't become a migraine.

Comment

I get it too but not always. Although I get nauseated intead of headaches. Sometimes I can even read and be ok. Other times just riding makes me sick. I now always travel with ginger chews.

Can you switch and drive for a bit and see if you can keep the headache from getting worse?
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I'm the queen of car sickness. If I take my eyes off the road at all I start getting nauseous. Driving myself helps more than anything else. Second to that is drinking soda through a straw. I don't know how/why it works, but it does for me.

Comment

I didn't have issues with motion sickness until having HORRIBLE morning sickness with DD2. I now get motion sick really easily. Like, can't-ride-carnival-rides kind of motion sickness. Tilt-a-whirl? NFW.

In the car, I have to be in the front. Driving is best, but passenger is OK in some cars. My old Kia had a funky suspension, so it had a weird roll to it whenever we went around corners or turns. Now that we have a newer Highlander with a much better suspension system, I have no problem with motion sickness as a front seat passenger.

Comment

Nausea definitely accompanies the headaches. DH used to drive a mini-van that caused me to get sick. We ended up getting rid of it. I find it weird because it still happens in the front seat. I have to ride with the window down. Nausea and kids arguing are not good side effects when stuck in a car.
            Needs

Comment

Ugh, I'm sorry, I feel you...I've had severe motion sickness my whole life. I usually take meclizine (sp?), Hyland's Motion Sickness pills, and use acupressure bracelets.

Comment

I have in transiently. Sometimes I'm totally fine and other times I feel horribly ill and cannot do anything other than stare out the front window.
                Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Try seabands? They are the only thing rgat help M even moderately! I can get 5 minutes of driving in versus 2! Also Dramamine. That'll knock you out though.
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                  X