Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Peter Pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Pan

Who is getting ready to watch Peter Pan? We're a musical loving family, so our DVR is set to record. And, hello, Christopher Walken! My three year old is beyond excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I considered but honestly forgot until I saw this.

Comment

I watched the first half and DVRed it. I liked it, although had a hard time getting passed Allison Williams as Peter Pan.
      Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

Originally posted by Urowife View Post
        I liked it, although had a hard time getting passed Allison Williams as Peter Pan.
        Yeah, I thought her Peter Pan was far too feminine and not very boyish. Otherwise, we liked it! I loved how Walken-y Hook was, too.

Comment

We DVR'd it so we could watch it with the kids later. My fb feed is pretty funny this morning. I have one friend who is a broadway producer that thinks its great it was even on, the craft got the coverage, etc. and then I have several people that think Walken was AWFUL!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
            We DVR'd it so we could watch it with the kids later. My fb feed is pretty funny this morning. I have one friend who is a broadway producer that thinks its great it was even on, the craft got the coverage, etc. and then I have several people that think Walken was AWFUL!
            I have two theater friends who live-facebooked the whole thing last night. They were less than impressed (though one was wowed by the ad for Into the Woods).
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Yes my broadway friend didn't share her opinion on the acting, etc. what she was saying was that if even a handful of kids decided last night they want to be on stage that it helps the craft. I would be interested to know her opinion, maybe since she didn't share that says a lot.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I felt like it dragged on. Now I'm not as familiar with the stage version of Peter Pan, so maybe it played out as it should have. But 3 hours? Was The Sound of Music last year just as long?

I was meh on Allison Williams. Good voice and decent acting. At some points, I could believe that she was a boy, and others, she seemed like a girl. It was like she couldn't stay in rough-and-tumble, masculine boy mode.

Overall, it was decent. I am glad that NBC has brought this programming format back to TV. Curious to see what they will stage next.

Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                  Yes my broadway friend didn't share her opinion on the acting, etc. what she was saying was that if even a handful of kids decided last night they want to be on stage that it helps the craft. I would be interested to know her opinion, maybe since she didn't share that says a lot.
                  Yeah, there were parts they liked (there's a song that's not usually a duet that worked really well as one (wendy and her mom), that one said if he ever directs the show, he's stealing that idea, for instance), but overall, they're slightly worried that it might be doing more harm to live theater than good, in combination with Sound of Music last year, and since they're passionate about live theater in general, they're just disappointed, and wishing that NBC would either find better people or better shows or both. The PBS shows of "Company" with NPH, Colbert, and Jon Cryer, and the "Sweeney Todd" with Emma Thompson are two recent examples of AMAZING televised live theater, because all of the performers are amazing, practiced live theater performers, and they're actually filmed on stage in front of an actual audience...but those shows aren't kid-friendly, and PBS doesn't broadcast them live and hype them a ton, either.
                  Sandy
                  Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by scarlett09 View Post
                    I felt like it dragged on. Now I'm not as familiar with the stage version of Peter Pan, so maybe it played out as it should have. But 3 hours? Was The Sound of Music last year just as long
                    Apparently there were a couple songs that were added, so it was a little longer than it would have been if they'd stuck to the published stage show. And yes, SoM was three hours last year.
                    Sandy

Comment

I have it DVRed, if for no other reason than I adore Christian Borle. I'm so meh on Peter Pan though. Did you guys feel like they appropriately toned down the racism?
                      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Working...
                      X