Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How was your weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was your weekend?

Just catching up and checking in! How was your weekend?

DH and I went to the cabin and Amanda babysat for us. We got to sleep in as late as we wanted. I didn't have to constantly spend each day cleaning and cooking for others. We took a couple of long walks in the park and enjoyed each others company. It was ... awesome.

We came home yesterday evening and Andrew was struggling with writing a paper and Zoe was sick. Both she and Aidan are sick today.

Back to the grind....

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Yeah, it never lasts does it???? We had a really nice weekend. The conference was so awesome.. There were some great speakers. We enjoyed hearing from other mission leaders and picking their brains. So many testimonies were inspirations, others made us grateful that our trials are not greater.. We played games just for fun the last night. We played TABOO and I have not laughed that long in a really long time. It was really fun.

Today it is back to reality.

Comment

ILs, DH on call in-house, sleepovers with nutcrackers, gingerbread house buildings with eight kids. I'm hoping the weekends are all downhill from here.
      -Ladybug

Comment

We finally got our tree up,I organized my books (very picky about that and my old cleaning lady moved them.around all willy nilly), my grandma turned 89, friend's daughter turned 4, busy! But dh was finally home so it was awesome.

Kris, that cabin is a great thing for your family! Glad you guys got some alone time.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

DH was completely off both Saturday and Sunday. We planned to get a ton of projects finished around the house. Yeah, nothing got done. Regretting it now, but it was nice to relax and just hang out.

Comment

To in laws. Kids and missus chatted with family and met their new cousin, went for walks and caught on gossip. I built a log store, filled it, built their new computer, transferred data and software over, wired a network cable under the house and installed a Wi-Fi AP in their conservatory. Feel guilty they didn't have the fun time I did!
            Using Tapatalk

Comment

We went to a town a couple hours away for their massive holiday lighting ceremony. Very fun.

Comment

I would love to go to that town DD. I bet it was beautiful. Did you have some good beer??

My dh is gone to Texas for most of the month on a training, so I spent the weekend showing my parents (they are visiting) what I usually do. Lol. My mom said, "boy. You pack a lot in a weekend". They are exhausted. We had swim meet, parade, touristy thing to the Polynesian center after a stop off at a mall, home by 1030, then on Sunday church, a museum, then a few hours to chill at home.
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post
                  I would love to go to that town DD. I bet it was beautiful. Did you have some good beer??
                  Definitely. There's a great local microbrewery that makes one of my favorite porters. Kids got to see their favorite nutcracker museum and visit the Bavarian bakery. It's kind of a kitschy place, but always fun.

Comment

Yep!! I always like going there. We have to meetup there before you leave the area!!
                    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

It wasn't a great one. DH picked up call on Friday so he didn't get home until 10 Saturday morning, then slept a lot. My son and I didn't do much, just a little Christmas shopping in the evening that was largely unsuccessful and has me stressed because I'm still nowhere near done and everything still has to get shipped.

Today we were going to get a tree and decorate it, bake cookies, go out to lunch, etc. But all my son could do was whine and complain about it, so we aren't doing any of those things. I don't think we are even going to get a tree now, which was going to be the only little bit of Christmas I get this year (kiddo is flying down to be with family, DH and I both work on Christmas).

Comment

Working...
                      X