Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Your favorite kitchen/home gadget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh. I went with the Breville. If/ When it breaks on me in a year, but for now the thought of spending $400-600 on a blender just hurts.

This is an expensive month, and I've already bought myself WAY MORE than I should have...while looking for gifts for other people. I did buy a cookie scoop though. If I ate ice cream, I would use it for that too.

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    I'd go with the Vitamix, Mapplebum.

That's probably my husband's favorite. I'd say on a day in, day out basis that mine is the coffee maker. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After many years and many gadgets, my Wusthof Chef's knife and my Immersion Blender. With those two things there is nothing I cannot do in the kitchen.
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

What all do you use an immersion blender for? I've been trying to justify buying one. All I can think of is soups, but we only make ones that require blending a handful of times a year. It would make it much easier, though...

My favorite gadgets are my Tupperware FridgeSmart containers. I want to buy even more! They keep my fruits and veggies fresh for much longer than anything else I've used. Cut lettuce, raspberries, strawberries - all those things that usually only have a few days - can last almost twice as long.
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I use my immersion blender mostly for soups but it does make it so much easier. I also use it for making baby food. Super fast and easy but I know you are beyond that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

I use it for soups and making soap. I've also used it to mix paint.
            Kris

Comment

LadyM, soup, applesauce, smoothies. Seriously at least 1x week

I have that chopper. It is really good but the blades have dulled a bit on that one too...
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                What all do you use an immersion blender for? I've been trying to justify buying one. All I can think of is soups, but we only make ones that require blending a handful of times a year. It would make it much easier, though...

My favorite gadgets are my Tupperware FridgeSmart containers. I want to buy even more! They keep my fruits and veggies fresh for much longer than anything else I've used. Cut lettuce, raspberries, strawberries - all those things that usually only have a few days - can last almost twice as long.
                Soup, sauces (esp. an awesome butternut squash Mac n cheese), smoothies,

Comment

I loooooove my cookie scoops. I have three sizes. I use them for all cookies, and even use the larger size to scoop meatball mixture out so all of my meatballs are uniformly sized and it cuts my "rolling between two hands" time in half since I just quickly roll them each to help shape them a bit. I am a kitchen gadget junkie - not necessarily the random, almost-useless stuff that only has one specific use (I'm looking at you, Williams-Sonoma), I'm talking the kind of stuff that you use constantly. I love my Le Creuset, my stainless steel saute pans, my garlic peeler (seriously it's amazing. DH eschewed it and when he used it he was a convert: http://www.amazon.com/Zak-Designs-E-.../dp/B00004RDDP) my Kitchenaid, my immersion blender. Seriously I use all my kitchen stuff all the time because I cook a ton.
                  Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I'm a kitchen gadget whore. I love all the things.

Heidi
                    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                      After many years and many gadgets, my Wusthof Chef's knife and my Immersion Blender. With those two things there is nothing I cannot do in the kitchen.
                      Chef's knife. I use mine daily. Also the kitchen aid stand mixer is great. If you don't already have a good set of pyrex, that's a necessity too.
                      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
                      X