Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

December 16th News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 16th News

Just For Today" megathread. Post little announcements, petty rants, small victories, and superficial confessions here for one day only. But please please please consider opening new threads too. We nosy chickens want to read all the details and talk everything over ad nauseum too.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

K1's birthday. Lambie had the stomach flu yesterday and now it's my turn.

Comment

Oh dear, MrsK

My rant: I got about 2 hours of sleep last night and am so incredibly tired and sore.
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Lambie is still asleep. She's usually up an hour or more by now. Either she's giving me a break or she's still sick. And since it's K1's birthday, we have to make the cake visit to two schools today.

Comment

Forehead infection gone. Hoping stitches come out tomorrow!
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Hugs to the both of you!

Comment

Spoken like a physicians child, dd20 is at the gym in our neighborhood this morning and she sends we a text that says, "there are all these men in here dads age. Don't they have to work?" She isn't accustomed to dads having free time in the day.
              Last edited by Pollyanna; 12-16-2014, 07:36 AM.
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

My new shoes and new boots came yesterday. Do I have to wait until Christmas? 😉

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Veronica
                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

My homemade color sorting tablets (it's a montessori thing) came out awesome, I'm so excited to give to DD for Christmas!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418745982.615136.jpg
                  Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                  Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Neat!!
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Mrs. K- the flu sucks!!! Take care of yourself

Sorry you got so little sleep greyhound

Comment

Lambie has been sick all day too. The midday school switch almost killed me. DrK cancelled his afternoon clinic because he's feeling nauseous, thinks he's next. I know K1 would love to go to Red Robin for his birthday dinner but it ain't happening. I couldn't handle toast and Lambie got sick on cheerios today.

Comment

And Hannukah starts tonight. Pfffffft.

Comment

Mrs. K...I'm really sorry!!! NO fun at all.

Me, I'm completely bored. cleaned house this morning. I have the preacher's kids over right now and they are having a blast with my kids... I am so incredibly bored. I could go work on our finances and may be bored enough to do that. I need to balance the checkbook and start looking at our budget reports since we plan to slash his salary in half next year.. I think that will just mean doing away with savings, but I need to make sure... I am so bored....

Comment

Semester is over and we're coming off of an excellent weekend away. Now DH is at home all day doing laundry, running errands (picking up xmas gifts, a prescription for me, dropping of dry cleaning), changing the sheets, visiting the post office. The man is efficient, I can't fault him for that. He had burned through his to do list by noon, and all the things I gave him to do were supposed to last through Thursday. Now he's doing dinner prep so I'm all ready to go with cooking dinner when I get home from work (the only reason he's not doing the cooking is because we know this dish is way better if I make it).

I finally convinced him to watch one of the movies he DVR'ed recently and he couldn't just sit still through the movie...so to keep himself busy he unwrapped all of the Hershey's kisses for the peanut butter blossom cookies I'm making tonight. He's awesome.
                              Last edited by WolfpackWife; 12-16-2014, 02:14 PM.
                              Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X