Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

December 25th News

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 25th News

"Just For Today" megathread. Post little announcements, petty rants, small victories, and superficial confessions here for one day only. But please please please consider opening new threads too. We nosy chickens want to read all the details and talk everything over ad nauseum too.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

We're waiting for my family to show up so we can cook, eat, and open presents. Since E doesn't know what's going on yet, we decided it could wait. Hubby's on call, so he rounded this morning and is home for now, though he's finishing up charts and still answering calls. E and I made monkey bread for breakfast!

Amusing conversation with hubby:
    H: How do you want your gift?
    Me: Wrapped, under the tree
    H: Where's the wrapping paper?

I guess we know who did Santa this year, although there are really only a few gifts under there.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Merry Christmas Everyone!!
        I've got the flu, boo, but all else is well.
        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Merry Christmas! Waiting for my family to wake up so I can bake the pan of overnight French toast I put together last night.
          Wife of PGY-2 Gen Surg, gluten/dairy free cook and patron to a big black cat

Comment

Merry Christmas!!
            Brandi
            Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

December 25th News

Merry Christmas / Happy (belated) Festivus / Happy Issac Newton day! Regardless of what you celebrate or don't celebrate today, I hope everyone has a wonderful day full of the things that make you happy.
              Last edited by niener; 12-25-2014, 11:32 AM.
              Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Lots of mimosas
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Merry Christmas! We had a great day. So nice without the stress of hosting and cooking (although that's fun in its own way)!
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

It's not even 6 pm and I'm ready to roll into bed. Cinnamon coffee cake, chocolate croissants, chocolate biscotti, candy canes, and peppermint ice cream all day long.

Comment

I've been ready for several hours, CG! And I'll probably head there soon...

Comment

I'm in bed. I'm tired...This day dragged for us. My kids don't get that just bc we don't celebrate, the stores should be open or there should be things to do. Dd2 and I rode our horses (pony), this morning and then I took all of them to the movies. I recommend night at the museum.
                        I loved seeing Robin Williams. Rebel Wilson is a hoot, Owen Wilson, Mickey Rooney (another sad death), Ricky Gervais, Hugh Jackman...Ben Stiller of course...funny adult humor but still good for the kids.
                        Hope everyone who celebrates Christmas had a great day.
                        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I agreed to keep one of the dr dog while she was out. Agreed to do it way before the Boston thing, so then I felt I couldn't back out. She is a Sheba inu about 6 months. And today she is in heat for the first time. Fucking gross. I am not in any mood to love or care for a new dog. And now this one is a pain in the ass. Ba Humbug
                          Brandi
                          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassy
                            Got downstaffed at work yesterday at 1100, ran home, threw some stuff in a bag, packed up my dog, and drove 2.5 hours to my parents'. I was able to catch the tail end of my family Christmas. ☺️
                            That's awesome!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X