Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Do you have a steam cycle on your dryer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a steam cycle on your dryer

And do you use it?

I don't iron. Dh takes things to the cleaners. 😳. I just found out from a member on a fb group I belong to that steam dry can make things come out like they've been ironed.

True?

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
    And do you use it?

I don't iron. Dh takes things to the cleaners. 😳. I just found out from a member on a fb group I belong to that steam dry can make things come out like they've been ironed.

True?

Kris
    I do have that function but have never used it, lol. But yes, the steam will make items look fresh but they won't look pressed. We take dh's stuff to be cleaned and pressed too, honestly, it's pretty inexpensive and I find a nicely pressed and starched shirt looks more professional.
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

We use it all the time. DH wears scrubs pretty much all day every day, so it is a non-issue for him,
      but the boys use it to "refresh" things that didn't get hung up out of the dryer as quickly as they should have, with good results. I have used it on tablecloths to get the creases out, too.
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I use it all them, right now as a matter of fact. I usually throw stuff in dryer at night and fall asleep before it's done. Steam in the morning to dewrinkle. Dress shirts still.go to the cleaners though bc it's less than a buck fifty.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

DH spritzes his shirts with water and throws them in the dryer that way to release wrinkles, so, same idea. After an hour's wearing I'm sure you can't tell the difference. Collars never come out quite right though, so especially for his more wrinkle-prone cotton shirts, I do try to throw an iron over them now and again. (He's mostly wearing scrub tops these days anyway.)
          Alison

Comment

Going to go check right now!

Nope. Intrigued though.

I do buy that Downy wrinkle release and hang stuff in the shower.

Mommax3. Your boys actually care about wrinkles? My oldest is going for that homeless look and could care less. I"m very impressed.
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Lol, well, the college boy cares, the junior cares occasionally, and the 7th grader is clueless, but *I* care on his behalf. 😏😉 Love the Downy Wrinkle Release spray!
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Sally, can you tell me how to use it?
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                X