Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

House or condo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condo. Hands down. I loved our condo in StL. I like our house here in ATL a great deal... For a house. But if I could get into a condo with four kids, I'd do it in a heartbeat. In StL, we lived at the ABC condos on Kingshighway, a block from Barnes. Gorgeous building, awesome neighbors, in the middle of everything.

Sh*t, I am just homesick for StL now. (Words not often written, u suspect!)

Comment

House. I like my space and I actually enjoy home improvement projects and yardwork...it's just hard to find time for them! (but I've been known to paint a room from 12-2 am). And if I can avoid it, I will NEVER be without a garage again. NEVER.

Someday I'd like an acre of woods.

^I am my mother.
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
        House. I like my space and I actually enjoy home improvement projects and yardwork...it's just hard to find time for them! (but I've been known to paint a room from 12-2 am). And if I can avoid it, I will NEVER be without a garage again. NEVER.
        We don't have a garage now, and it's my #1 must have for our fellowship house!

Comment

My friend just got a condo in LA that has valet. So that wouldn't be so bad but they don't have anything like that here in Stl
          Brandi
          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

House. I like to mow the lawn and I like my own space.
            Needs

Comment

I love the no - maintenance yard we have but the neighbor one one side is a total asshole. I enjoy our townhouse because its kind of the best of both worlds (minus the asshole neighbor)

I'd totally go condo with no kids... but kids have so much crap, I don't know how people live in the city with kids. You'd have to rent storage!

Wife of a PGY-5
              Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Ooooo, I could do either. I love our house but we moved from nearly two acres to a postage stamp lot and we love it! There are brownstones in our neighborhood that we would have bought had one been available. Honestly, I'd rather have little land when we have children at home and lots of land after they've moved out and there is time to tend to it.
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I loved my condo when I was single and I love my house now that I have a family. I hire people to do yard work and shovel snow. DrK and I both love well manicured homes and beautiful landscaping but we hate yard work. The main advantage of the house over the condo is that I don't have to ask permission to make changes. The main advantage of the condo was that maintenance was a phone call away.
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

We lived in a condo for our newlywed years. I enjoyed the sense of security. DH was gone a lot, and I felt very safe being in a high-rise, secured entry building. We had a balcony with a little container garden that filled most of our desire for outdoor space for a while, but by the end we were really looking forward to having a grill, full outdoor dining, and porch swing.

Comment

We are in the process of leaving a beautiful condo right on the Atlantic Ocean for a house on the mainland. I will miss the Ocean, but with little kids, we really need the backyard for them to play. We are moving this weekend and I am kinda torn on the subject. I actually like the built in community that comes with a condo. There are advantages to either or...

Comment

Birdhouse, I've never lived near an ocean, but I just know if I ever did, it would be so painful to leave. I get so sad even after just a vacation near the water. I hope your new home and neighborhood are wonderful!
                        Laurie
                        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                        X