Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

January 4th News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 4th News

"Just For Today"megathread. Post little announcements, petty rants, small victories, and superficial confessions here for one day only. But please please please consider opening new threads too. We nosy chickens want to read all the details and talk everything over ad nauseum too.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

I'm slacker mom. Wearing the same yoga pants that I've been wearing since yesterday. Baby is sleeping on me while the boys whine that they are hungry and watch inappropriate television. Can't wait for school to start but I just know it's gonna be bumpy.

Comment

Slacker mom here, too. The girls were up all night crying, A puked before bed, and now I feel nauseous, even post-Zofran. DH starts a busy/stressful rotation tomorrow. I wish the house would clean itself!
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

January 4th News

No. When there is a house of sickness, you aren't slacker moms, you are survivor moms. (I'm here with you ladies)
        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

It's the attitude that makes me feel like a failure. I'm so impatient and disinterested in entertaining them

Comment

I took a morning nap with the baby and I had a dream I dragged both kids to the opening of a childs store in a swanky mall. And I brought our toilet. Yes, a full porcelain toilet--apparently I was so sleep deprived I felt like we needed it? So I'm struggling with both kids and a toilet in the mall, and people are giving me strange looks. My siblings show up and wont help my carry it to the car and then security confiscates it. Then I have to go home and explain to DH that we have to pay a plumber to install a new toilet because the mall security guard confiscated it.

I don't wanna know what that dream means
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

House full of sickies here, too. Was up playing kid whack-a-mole until 3:00 this morning, then of course they were up at 7:00. School starts back tomorrow, and I think DS is fine now (he got it first), but DD had a fever last night, so if it comes back, she'll need to stay home. Of course, DH is on call.
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Exhausted, not sure why. Low grade headache all day. We took down the Christmas decorations today. Hoping this trip to Mexico next week will restore my feelings of burn out. The good thing is through lack of funds and my going out of town I don't have to deal with my headache job (outreach) until the end of the month. Maybe a god exists after all.

Comment

Oy, I have to put away Hannukah stuff, plan Lambie's birthday, and get this house guest ready/put together my guest room. We just go home and my mother is coming in 9 days. Then the ILKs will arrive soon thereafter. Panic is starting to set in.

Comment

Holy Crap, you just spent time with all of them.
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I just signed up for a six week Saturday morning drawing class!!
                      Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                        Holy Crap, you just spent time with all of them.
                        I know. Bad planning on my part. I had babies in December and January. (Had they been on time, I would have had babies January and February.) Either way, elderly grandparents who winter in SoFL come and freeze their tushies off for birthday parties. Seems that my mother is only here during the coldest and warmest weeks of the year (K2's birthday is mid-June, also awkward because school's out). And if we want to spend winter break with the family, that is sandwiched right between K1 and Lambie's birthdays and the kids' birthdays get lost in all the holiday hoopla anyway. I really should have had my babies in the Spring and Fall. Note to anyone who is wondering when is a good time to have a baby....

Really, I don't know why they are coming. I'm not even having a party for her. She doesn't know anyone and I just had a party a couple weeks ago for K1's birthday. I'm so sick of visiting with people right now.
                        Last edited by MrsK; 01-04-2015, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Tell them all to stay home, the flu is awful this year!!!!
                          Luanne

Comment

Working...
                          X