Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

January 6th News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 6th News

"Just For Today" megathread. Post little announcements, petty rants, small victories, and superficial confessions here for one day only. But please please please consider opening new threads too. We nosy chickens want to read all the details and talk everything over ad nauseum too.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Ultimate FWP - the cleaning lady flipped the mattress when she was changing the sheet in E's crib, so I have to redo it this afternoon and put the soft side back up (we switched it about a month ago). She woke up at 5 this morning instead of sleeping later like she has been, and I don't know if that was part of it. I couldn't get her back down at all.

Add to that, I still can't get this plugged duct cleared. And my laptop won't connect to the wireless dock at work. Annoying morning.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

We dropped my SIL off at the airport this AM and then I took the girls for donuts and we came home and played for 45 minutes before work. It was super fun to be with them in the AM since usually we have somewhere to go (dance, a run, or church on the weekends).
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Hugs, Allison, I hope it clears soon. That's so painful.

T&S, that sounds fun!
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Went to a Blazers game with DH last night, and it was so much fun!

Comment

Thanks LM - after talking to some other women and consulting Dr. Google, I'm not sure it's a plugged duct after all, which explains why I can't clear it. It started Sunday morning, and my cycle started yesterday. I can express milk, and it's not super painful or hard, but it's definitely a harder spot. I've been diagnosed with fibrocystic changes in the past, so I suspect it's actually related to that and not a plugged duct. Maybe. I'm going to keep an eye on it though, because I certainly don't want mastitis.

Comment

Some good news, at least - I just got my course evaluations back, and they were all positive, mostly agrees/satisfied and somewhat agrees/satisfied with a couple of strongly agrees/satisfied.

Comment

Yay for good evals, ALOY!

I've had a sore throat for a couple of days and today it's gotten worse which sucks because I have therapy in an hour and need to talk. Boo.

Comment

I'm obsessed with the food trucks that park by my office. Eating braised pork and roasted squash tacos right now that are A-MAZING. I also bought another woman lunch because she said she had just been discharged and was on her way back to the shelter. I generally prefer to support homeless shelters instead of giving things directly, but we were standing outside of the hospital, she was in a hospital gown, she looked healthy, and I gave her food, not money, so I figured it couldn't hurt?

Comment

Yay for awesome reviews, ALOY!

I'm with you on the lunch...I had a chicken quesadilla for lunch and I'm pretty sure it was the most delicious thing I've eaten in my life. Of course, that's a hyperbole but it was yummy!

Also, sorta weirded out by how hard my stomach is these days. How can such a small child already be causing my entire stomach to be a rock? It's, like, 6 inches big!
                    wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

And as if I wasn't feeling fat enough, there's king cake in the office. It's Carnival (Mardi Gras) season in New Orleans, so there's king cake everywhere, and it'S SO GOOD. I have to force myself not to buy one every time I go to the grocery store.

Comment

Yum, king cake! I got my friend's birthday present...her birthday's in August.

Comment

I'm planning on making a long cake inspired bday cake for BabyJs first birthday in Fev
                          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I miss cake. *sniffle* Sweets are totally not my thing these days.
                            wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

Yay my car got fixed yesterday. And then it died today. FML
                              I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Working...
                              X