Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

January 7th News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 7th News

"Just For Today" megathread. Post little announcements, petty rants, small victories, and superficial confessions here for one day only. But please please please consider opening new threads too. We nosy chickens want to read all the details and talk everything over ad nauseum too.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

E is now tall enough to reach into the top drawer of my vanity. I discovered this when I got out of the shower and she was into everything (despite the box of toys she has in there - I knew it was too quiet!). Fortunately she didn't get into anything dangerous or messy, but I have to do a better job babyproofing in there. It's so much easier when I can get up and showered before she wakes up!
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Oh yeah, the height thing sneaks up on you. D can now get most things off the vanity, climb on the toilet, etc. And C can now reach the kitchen cabinets and can get a lot of things by swiping blindly.
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

OK - signing off. Just realized that other than showering, eating breakfast since I woke up at 6:45 this a.m., I have been with you guys. I was supposed to take the day off to put Christmas away and run some errands/make necessary phone calls. Still on my ass hanging out with you guys.

So enjoyed it but I have to show some productivity today.
        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Lol MPS! That's happened to me more than once.

Got to drink allllll the glucose at my OB appt just now. Omnomnom blech. Now attempting to get caught up with everything going on here but there are so many threads!! I realize I had a long weekend but dang! Y'all will have to forgive me if I just click "read all" and start fresh (assuming I can figure out how to do that on new tapatalk... Have we all moved past bitching about the new update yet? Because I'm still cursing it every time I look at my phone)
          Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by niener View Post
            Lol MPS! That's happened to me more than once.

Got to drink allllll the glucose at my OB appt just now. Omnomnom blech. Now attempting to get caught up with everything going on here but there are so many threads!! I realize I had a long weekend but dang! Y'all will have to forgive me if I just click "read all" and start fresh (assuming I can figure out how to do that on new tapatalk... Have we all moved past bitching about the new update yet? Because I'm still cursing it every time I look at my phone)
            Did you get to just do the one hour, or did they start you with the two?

Comment

Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
              Did you get to just do the one hour, or did they start you with the two?
              One hour. It was NBD actually, aside from some slight vision disturbances from such a sugar high. The juice they gave me just tasted like what I remember red koolaid tasting like from when I was a kid.
              Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

I didn't hate the test, and I did the 2 hour. Granted, I failed, but other than feeling like I had to have protein immediately afterward, it wasn't so bad.

Comment

The first time around I didn't mind it. I thought it tasted like a stronger version of orange soda. The second time around I HATED it. Glad you got it out of the way!

Comment

So I had to ever-so-snidely point out to my DH that my glucose drink today had 50mg of sugar in it, and one can of Mountain Dew that he loves so much has 46... and he can easily finish off a can in 5 minutes like I had to do today. I give him shit all the time about dying early from Type II diabetes (he doesn't have it currently but I'm convinced he's going to get it) and leaving me a widow.

Comment

Originally posted by medpedspouse View Post
                      OK - signing off. Just realized that other than showering, eating breakfast since I woke up at 6:45 this a.m., I have been with you guys. I was supposed to take the day off to put Christmas away and run some errands/make necessary phone calls. Still on my ass hanging out with you guys.

So enjoyed it but I have to show some productivity today.
                      Me too. I've past the window of productivity. I had the college student here cleaning today and instead of cleaning with her, I caught up on FB and iMSN. It's like Kris crack today.

I'm signing off to do something productive before the day is done!

Kris
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                        Oh yeah, the height thing sneaks up on you. D can now get most things off the vanity, climb on the toilet, etc. And C can now reach the kitchen cabinets and can get a lot of things by swiping blindly.
                        yup. Look out for climbing. Mine are all climbers and I cannot keep anything out of their reach unless it's literally locked with a key.
                        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
                        X