Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What was your first alcoholic beverage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your first alcoholic beverage?

For those who drink alcohol.

What was your first beverage? What is the backstory?
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

The summer after 9th grade.

All of us on the military base were getting ready to move. Our neighbors were staying in the base hotel waiting to head out. They had twin girls my age. One of the girls and I snuck over to the vending machines. At that time, they actually had beer in the machine. We bought a beer and hid behind the building drinking the beer. It was super exciting because we were terrified of getting caught!

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Champagne for New Years in 2000, when I was 16. My parents' had bought a bunch for a party, but not a lot of adults showed up, so my friends and I drank it. We thought they bought it for us too, and they say that they didn't.
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Grin, never had one...now wait. In 8th grade my choir teacher married the band teacher and they were Catholic and had communion at the ceremony. The wine was really wine and not the grape juice I was used to... It burned on the way down and I thought...oh it must be real...

Comment

Peach schnapps in 7th grade. Sneaking it at a friend's house. *shudder*

Comment

I accidentally took a sip of my dad's drink when I was a kid, but I'm pretty sure I gagged and spit and rinsed it all out without swallowing.

After that, I was 20, and DH had just turned 21. Some of our friends gave him a bottle of white wine for his birthday, so we each had a glass. Then sat around and waited to see if we'd feel drunk.
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

It was Hot Damn. Classy! I was 19 or 20 and at some college party with DH. He was such a good influence and a lot of fun once upon a time.

Comment

If we're talking classy, I'm pretty sure that my second experience was Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill. We discovered that you could put it in a bottle of pink lemonade and nobody would notice. Or the Fuzzy Navel in a bottle of orange drink.
                Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Ha! ALOY, I was going to mention Boone's Farm First was definitely peach wine coolers in 7th grade.

Comment

Haha, I love it!. Fuzzy Navels were my go to back in the day. Now I'm feeling all nostalgic ... but not enough to drink the crap I drank in my youth.

Comment

Aw Bittersweet, you don't feel like breaking out any box wine?

Comment

Originally posted by Curegirl View Post
                        Aw Bittersweet, you don't feel like breaking out any box wine?
                        Haha, I could sadly probably be convinced .

Comment

Ugh. Let's see...official first taste of alcohol was sometime in either 8th or 9th grade when my cousin and I sneaked sips of peach schnapps. First official alcohol in any notable quantity was shots of Malibu coconut rum at 17. Dear god I cannot stomach the taste of rum or coconut flavored beverages to this day.
                          Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I was 14. My parents let me have a glass of West Coast Cooler with Christmas dinner and at New Years. With friends, probably 16. My friend's brother used to get us a bottle of vodka and we'd sneak it into the under 18 disco and mix it with coke or red bull. Yuck.
                            Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                            Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Ninth grade-with parents and grandparents on NYE. a small glass of Cold Duck. So gross!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Needs

Comment

Working...
                              X