Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What is your fantasy ability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your fantasy ability?

What is one thing you wish you could really do well? Did you start to play an instrument when you were little and then let your practice lapse? Did you stop playing a sport you were really good at? Did you always wish you were a great singer?

Personally, if my fantasy ability would be dancing. I want to be a really, REALLY good dancer. It always looks so fun and fluid and delicate and beautiful, no matter what the style is.

What's yours?
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

So many fantasy abilities; so little time.

Violin. I'd love to play. A couple years ago, I started with a Suzuki teacher. After 1 year of Twinkle, I gave up in frustration. My kids' teacher keeps encouraging me to start with her, but I feel afraid I can never learn.

Ballet. I wish I never stopped.

Singing.

Neuroscience. In a fantasy life, I'm Angie.

Medicine. Or I'm Thomas.

Ah, the fantasies.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Singing. Really, really, really good at singing.

Golf.

Heidi
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I wish I could get another 10 hours in a day.

I wish I could be everywhere and protect my family at all times.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Extremely athletic with a crazy metabolism or playing piano or guitar
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I wish I could teleport...

You didn't say it had to be reasonable!!!

I would also like the ability to freeze time (but that gets complicated...what could be used while time was frozen? Would I age while everyone else stayed the same)??

Comment

I was thinking a wand...

-Ladybug

Comment

I'm not interested in regular people skillz...what I want?

Superman powers?
                Spiderman?
                Ironman is cool, but he's still human.
                Sparkly Edward from Twilight? That speed and strength would be amazing.

I think this all points to my dislike at being vulnerable.

Otherwise, probably piano.

Comment

Lots and lots of motivation and focus to complete my to-do list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Needs

Comment

I wish I could make small talk! The next couple of months are going to be hell, I have three times a week in a small gym with dozens of people I know casually and say hi to and then...with nothing to say I find the bleachers and pull out my knitting. *painfully awkward*
                    Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                      I wish I could make small talk! The next couple of months are going to be hell, I have three times a week in a small gym with dozens of people I know casually and say hi to and then...with nothing to say I find the bleachers and pull out my knitting. *painfully awkward*
                      Aw, I wish I could go with you and just sit and knit together!
                      Sandy
                      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                        LOL. I am exactly the same. I find small talk excruciating. I'm off to a dinner tomorrow night with people I know casually. I desperately need the super power by then.

Sandy, I need you to come sit silently with me too.
                        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                          Sandy, I need you to come sit silently with me too.
                          Would love to! You will need to visit the PNW after July, and all three of us can just sit together.
                          Sandy
                          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Aw you introverts are so cute. Your silence would make me so uncomfortable that I would babble to fill every inch of awkward space that you would feel normal in light of my freakiness. Ha ha.

I want boundless energy and motivation. I want to be able to take Speed without like the pesky side effects like addiction and death. That would be ah-mazing.
                            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I wish I could sing well and do things while I sleep like clean the house and exercise. Oh! And talk to animals. I like them better than humans so I wish I could communicate effectively with them.
                              Last edited by Curegirl; 01-16-2015, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X