Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Podcasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Podcasts

I am looking for new podcasts to listen to. I love Serial, but now that that's over I'm not sure what to listen to.

I recently subscribed to some of the Ted Talks, as well as Freakonomics Radio. I already listen to This American Life.

What do you listen to?
    Kris

I'm no help, but also very interested (I basically subscribe to the same). This serial withdraw is BAD!!!

Comment

I listen to the Rachel Maddow podcast each day on my walks. It's just an audio version of her show from the night before.

Comment

I subscribe to the Slate Daily Podcast feed, which includes all the Slate podcasts. My favorites are the Political Gabfest (politics) and "Mom and Dad are Fighting" (parenting), and sometimes The Gist, which is daily while the others are weekly.
        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me - if you haven't heard it before, give it a try. They recently incorporated ads into the middle of the podcast, which is annoying, but I love the show anyway.
          I JUST started listening to the Nerdist; jury's still out, though I think Chris Hardwick is hilarious on @midnight.
          The Infinite Monkey Cage (Brian Cox (physicist and science communicator from Manchester) and Robin Ince (comedian) with various entertainment and science guests, in front of an audience) - I love the accents and a lot of the guests are my favorites from all the british TV I watch (they've had Brian Blessed on twice, and he was AWESOME), and the topics are fascinating. Highly recommended.
          BrainStuff - SHORT (5-minute) explanations of everyday things (recent ones were "how do dollar bill changers work?" and "how do neon and fluorescent light fixtures differ?") - very straightforward and interestingly informative, and short enough that even if I already know the topic thoroughly, it's over quickly.
          There's a "TED radio hour" podcast from NPR; is that what you subscribed to? It's pretty good.
          StarTalk Radio - Neil DeGrasse Tyson talking mostly about space, sometimes with a guest; he recently had a couple episodes that included him talking with the Mythbusters, which was pretty cool.
          My fallback is "As it Happens", which is a CBC news interview show; they don't REPORT the news, but they call and talk to people close to big news stories to get their perspective. I like getting little bits of Canadian culture from it. It's over an hour a day, so it's just always there at the end of my list, if I'm caught up on everything else.
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Focus on the Family
            Family Life Today
            Today's Christian Doctor

Comment

Thank you for all of the suggestions.

I also downloaded Neil de Gras Tyson's Startalk. The first episode I listened to had Bill Nye - the Science Guy and Neil was interviewing Sir David Attenborough. It was like a masters class in geekdom - pure awesome!

I also added Invisibilia, Planet Money, and Radiolab, in addition to Slate.
              Kris

Comment

Working...
              X